Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, and WooCommerce, is looking for an exceptional candidate to lead Business Wrangling.
As Director of Business Wrangling, you will identify, assess, and prioritize new business opportunities; negotiate terms and integrate acquisitions; and partner with internal teams to increase the top lines of our various business units.
- Conduct market and user research to identify, assess, and prioritize new business opportunities
- Make buy/build/partner decisions, and evaluate potential acquisition targets
- Execute deals and oversee their long-term success
- Help optimize pricing, bundles, and purchase flows for paid products
- Collaborate with teams across Automattic to ensure success
- Experience doing market and competitive research
- Technical background with an understanding of CMS and hosting environments
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills, including the ability to model business opportunities, assess trade-offs, and conduct a due diligence
- Experience working cross-functionally with Legal, Engineering, and Finance teams
- Ability to build and scale a team