As Director of Business Unit Accounting, you lead the U.S. accounting function for all businesses, including the financial accounting and reporting activities for precious metals with revenues of $800M. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, you manage the business unit accounting teams across the US.
- Maintain business unit general ledgers in accordance with GAAP and Corporate Accounting Policies & Procedures, assuring timeliness and accuracy of financial statements and monthly close.
- Liaise with Corporate Accounting teams to ensure appropriate accounting treatment of business unit transactions and also assist as needed with quarterly and annual reporting.
- Safeguard business unit assets by maintaining, monitoring and upholding an environment of strong internal controls, including full compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Oversee financial management and leasing of precious metals, including the following:
- Daily metal buy and sell
- Bank transactions
- Quarterly physical inventory reconciliation
- Reporting results to Corporate Executive Leadership
- Manage team of 4 direct reports and 4-6 indirect reports, building and sustaining a culture of high performance, accountability and transparency in managing performance and talent development.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, collaborating with stakeholders and functional colleagues
- Serve as a trusted partner, providing expert insight to business leaders to enhance decision making and optimize financial performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA, MBA and/or CMA are preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of increasingly progressive accounting roles in a large multi-location manufacturing company or public accounting firm (with a focus on manufacturing sector)
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience with demonstrated success leading teams and developing accounting professionals
- Experience includes responsibility for financial statement preparation, analysis and cost accounting for a publicly-traded manufacturing company
- Expert level knowledge of current laws, regulations, and accounting standards
- Successful leadership and implementation of impactful continuous improvement initiatives within a highly-matrixed organization
- Proficiency with ERP systems and technical platforms, with a strong preference for SAP and OneStream
- Superior analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build credible and influential relationships with stakeholders, effectively interpreting and communicating complex analysis to diverse audiences
- Able and willing to travel, 15%