Responsible for serving as strategic advisor to the top leader of a strategy or business unit to ensure achievement of the company’s strategies. Actively works with leadership to develop key strategies and provide services through Business Transformation Services team for achieving long term growth objectives. Leads evaluations of transformation initiatives to achieve enterprise wide operational effectiveness and efficiency. Oversees decisions regarding functional talent and services deployment based on end to end functional expertise required for the initiative, including but not limited to Strategy, Project Management, Lean Six Sigma, and other business outcomes. Leads cross-functional strategic initiatives and provides subject matter expertise and industry best practices related to business transformation. Leads and develops a complex multi-disciplinary project team.
- Serves as strategic advisor to the top leader of a strategy or business unit helping connect their work to achievement of the company’s strategies.
- Leads large cross-functional change programs and provides subject matter expertise and industry best practices related to business transformations, engagement model, and functional area(s).
- Oversees and provides direction to multi-disciplinary project teams, who are engaged on key company change programs.
- Oversees end to end approach for development of key change programs in partnership with senior business leaders. Develops key hypothesis and supervises project team in conducting interviews, gathering data, defining and executing required analyses, identifying issues and problems and recommending approach to address them.
- Provides critical thinking and influence by helping to link the company’s strategic agenda to the resulting execution plan. Provides guidance and counsel in development of long range plans involving strategy development, resource allocation, work plans, timelines, and financial outcomes.
- Engages Business Unit leaders regarding requirements to deliver on strategies and partner to shape initial scope for One Plan change programs.
- Drives end to end implementation of One Plan Change programs across applicable disciplines, including but not limited to Strategy, Project Management, Lean Six Sigma, and other business outcomes.
- Leads cross-functional teams and directs seamless service delivery and hand-offs from strategy formulation to execution.
- Resolves conflicts by making decisions, or negotiating with key stakeholders, including executive management.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience in one or more of the following functions: strategy, project management, or process improvement OR High School/GED and at least 9 years of experience in two or more of the following functions: strategy, project management, or process improvement.
- At least 3 years of experience leading cross-functional teams to drive enterprise wide business transformation initiatives.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally in a matrix structure and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA/Master’s degree
- At least 6 years of experience in management consulting industry.
- At least 2 years experience leading cross-functional strategy or cost workshops within retail and/or pharmacy.
- Experience communicating strategy and complex business initiatives in a clear and concise manner to multiple types of audiences and channels.
- Experience influencing cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in effectively driving change throughout a large-scale, complex organization.
- Experience driving conflict resolution.