We are looking for a sharp, reliable, and pro-active experienced professional to join our team as a Director of Business Operations. We are a growing, highly respected environmental air quality consulting firm based in Orange County, California. We work on a wide variety of environmental air quality, waste, and water permitting and compliance projects, across a diverse range of California industries and locations.
We offer a friendly, high performance, team- oriented work environment where professionals can thrive amongst their respective peers. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Business Operations professional to engage in a well-organized and highly successful organization that is growing and expanding.
The Director of Business Operations will support a variety of business and operational areas, focused on Operations Management, Employee Engagement, Marketing, and Executive Management Support. The position requires an experienced professional with a high standard of quality and efficiency. This position will require the candidate to prioritize multiple responsibilities and pro-actively manage and complete their tasks by engaging with staff and various teams. The candidate will be required to think critically and solve problems in a self-sufficient manner with support provided as needed.
This is a full-time position working out of our corporate Orange County office in San Juan Capistrano. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to grow long term within a company and add value immediately.
Operations Management, Employee Engagement, and HR:
- Managing, Improving, and Revising Operating Procedures and Metrics which are efficient and scalable for Business Operations, Employee Engagement, and HR;
- Management of systems and cultural integration, including company on boarding,training and team building events, celebrations, staff meetings, and other individual and team building events - working with HR and Executive Management to ensure successful outcomes;
- Supporting HR programs, developing procedures and practices with our HR team,and facilitating strategic planning and decision making for:
- Career Development and Employee Engagement;
- HR Compliance and Benefits;
- Company Policies and Procedures;
- HR Software and improvement systems; and
- Physical office locations.
Marketing and Business Development Support:
- Work with marketing department to develop and execute on annual marketing plans and key client management;
- Develop and oversee sales and business development programs, metrics and training;
- Oversee the planning and coordination of classes, webinars, and seminars offered throughout the year;
- Manage coordination of industry association and trade show attendance,speaking engagements, and exhibitor participation - ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of participation and outcomes at relevant events;
- Work with Marketing and Staff to select, configure and implement a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system;
- Able to strategize and develop acquisition opportunities and organize acquisition integration; and
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of company advertising strategies and mailings.
Executive Management Support:
- Coordinate PM, Professional Development, and Sales Training;
- Assistance to Executive Management, including but not limited to property management, business operations, staff and project coordination, travel, etc.;
- Able to work with accounting and other staff to use and implement expense and other management software; and
- Management of general business issues as they arise.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or relevant major required-from a major Accredited University with minimum GPA of 3.80 in Business or 3.5 in Engineering;
- 15+ years of work experience in business operational support, e.g., HR; Operations, and/or Marketing;
- Strong computer skills;
- Strategic Planning and Attention to detail a must;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team fashion, handle several projects at once, prioritize work, and work efficiently;
- Ability to identify, form, and lead small teams to solve specific problems or implement processes;
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment regulations and standards;
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Able to translate company goals into initiatives and execute them;
- Handle all confidential matters with the utmost discretion in order to protect the company and employees; and
- Ability to think critically and solve problems proactively and independently.
- Some Travel may be required on occasion.
- Software Knowledge:
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint skills (required);
- Microsoft 365 Applications, including Sharepoint (a plus)
Salary: Competitive - Commensurate on experience.
Classification: Full Time
Benefits: Medical/Dental, 401k Package, and Paid Time Off.