At UserVoice, our platform helps companies and product management teams optimize their R&D investment through a holistic, data-driven approach to product roadmapping and feature-planning. We have a passion for improving internal and external product-centric communication for companies so they can focus on building the right products, not on endless meetings to ensure everyone is “in the loop.”
Our growing team is focused on delivering market-changing products while staying true to business fundamentals, not just the dream of revenue one day. This makes our head of business operations a critical hire - someone who can help improve our business every single day.
We’re looking for a special individual who has a demonstrated ability to quickly understand the core drivers of any business, plan, lead and implement changes that improve overall efficiency. This is more than a consultant - we’re looking for someone who takes personal and psychological ownership over projects to deliver outstanding results - never settling for “good enough.” Our unicorn is part analyst, part strategist, part project manager, part builder, part mad scientist, and 100% closet nerd.
If you’re a highly analytical self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you’ll fit right in. We’re hiring A players (not rockstars, they just drink all night and sleep all day) - just the absolute best. We’ve got an incredible opportunity in front of us, a leadership team cranking to execute, and we need a cross-departmental leader to help us get there. If you’re down to put in the hours and want to make a difference, this is the place for you.
A Successful Director of Business Operations will
- Act as the product manager for the business - your product is the company
- Partner with department leads and executives to identify the highest value improvements to systems and processes – and make sure they get done (initial focus will be GTM teams - Sales & Marketing)
- Quickly generate hypotheses, execute tests, and provide data-driven recommendations
- Manage a team of consultants and operators to test hypotheses, implement system and process improvements, and measure results
- Communicate clearly across teams on performances of initiatives and ongoing operations
- Develop relationships with stakeholders across departments so that they rely on you as a trusted resource for guidance
- Spearhead projects to add critical new technologies to our stack or to replace outdated ones
- Consistently prioritize potential projects for effort vs. potential returns to optimize your time for the highest potential impact
- Design and deliver simple and elegant solutions that will scale as our company grows
- 4-8 years overall work experience
- A balance of engineering and business experience; able to produce data-driven recommendations and results
- Relevant startup experience a plus
- Top-tier consulting experience a plus