The Director, Business Intelligence will be responsible for the planning, development and maintenance of our BI and Analytics solutions. If you are driven and get excited about a hands-on leadership role with cloud analytics, data discovery and visualization, self-service BI, master data and data quality, mobile BI and the latest data warehouse architectures and have a proven track record of embracing, leveraging and implementing those solutions and concepts, this role would be an ideal fit.
This role brings leadership in envisioning, planning and executing the right solutions in an iterative and agile manner. Accountable for delivering high quality business intelligence in a meaningful manner to enhance business decisions.
The Director, Business Intelligence will beresponsible for all strategic, tactical, operational, team and technical resource leadership accountabilitiesassociated with the following areas:
- BI and Analytics strategic vision and tactical execution
- Consults with key stakeholders to understand data requirements, develops business intelligence strategy and executes plan to meet needs, influence decisions and facilitate roadmap and data governance activities.
- Collaborates to find ways to leverage existing and new data and information in company’s products and services to provide value based solutions
- Highest escalation point for internal production support
- Plan and execute data analysis, data cleansing, data quality, work flow management and data delivery.
- Manage the development and rollout of the statutory and non-statutory reporting.
- Hire, train, and supervise resources and ensure that team meets SLAs to support the needs of our business stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable data privacy regulations and policies as they relate to data.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations
- Proven experience creating strategies and executing on innovative and leading-edge data solutions (i.e. big data, AI, ML etc.)
- Proven experience with both SaaS and internal company facing delivery models
- Extensive experience in creating data architecture models supporting a wide variety of end use cases including client facing data products, data mining, dashboards, data visualization, data streaming, file processing, etc.
- Hands-on experience with data analysis, data architecture, data cleansing and data quality.
- Hands-on experience with business process modeling.
- Hands-on experience with multiple BI and data warehousing architectures and toolsets
- Hands-on experience with advanced statistical and root cause analysis skills and data modeling.
- Possesses effective communication skills and ability to interpret data and influence leaders.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills with a focus on the end user and end to end process.
- Ability to manage and balance transformational roadmap initiatives alongside high day to day ad hoc data needs
- Ability to manage and balance speed to market, agility, scalability, robustness and security
- Accountable for leading a team of highly technical team members in providing project and production support management
- Strong sense of user/customer experience and needs for both external clients and internal power-users
- Ability to effectively evaluate and communicate the potential value of emerging solutions like machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Demonstrated history of keeping current on key data and BI trends
- A solid understanding of the BI vendor, open source and cloud platform landscape
- A solid and inherent understanding and application of data security
- Minimum Requirements:
- A degree in computer science, mathematics or a related field is required
- Minimum of 10 years of data analysis, data quality and data integration.
- Minimum of 3 years of Master Data Management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with data integration tools such as Informatica, Data Stage, ODI.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Databases such as Oracle, Teradata etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with data delivery tools like Tableau., OBIEE, Cognos, Qlikview, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience on Oracle Cloud SaaS with HCM/PAY, FIN and PPM or with Oracle eBusiness suite experience
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in a directly related area, during which both hands-on and leadership capabilities have been clearly demonstrated
- Must have legal right to work in the US.