Currently we are looking for a Director of Business Intelligence for our New York, NY office to make the team even stronger.
EPAM is looking to build and strengthen our Solutions Architecture teams across the country. In this role, you will be the subject matter expert responsible for analyzing business requirements and problems to determine the architectural framework, technology requirements, overall design and the right set of tools for the best possible business intelligence/data warehousing solution to fulfill the needs of our clients.
EPAM occupies a unique position in thetechnology anddigital services industry. Part agency, part consultancy, part innovation lab,EPAM is dedicated to helping globalenterprises thrive in thetechnology age. We innovate breakthrough strategies,experiences and products designed to reinvent the relationship between companies and their customers. We believe in testing and measuring, in continuous improvement, in the relentless pursuit of results.
- Participate in strategic planning, development and implementation of BI/DW solutions;
- Advise and lead the translation of business requirements and models into feasible and acceptable Data Warehouse designs to ensure that business needs are met;
- Interact with clients while designing data interfaces to ensure that database development needs are according to client specifications;
- Coordinate with clients, external data providers, and business team to ensure that business model is accurately represented and understood by all relevant parties;
- Communicate the overall data architecture to both technical and business stakeholders;
- Coordinate activities of database analysts and otherdatabase personnel to determine appropriate database deployment strategies and parameters to ensure cost effectiveness and efficiency;
- Develop data warehousing blueprints, evaluate hardware and software platforms, and integrate systems to ensure that integration is effective and meet client requirements;
- Actively participate in Agile/Scrum review and planning sessions;
- Establish appropriate implementation methodology to successfully develop and deploy the solution;
- Estimate solution cost (including tools, tasks, complexity, man power and time);
- Collaborate with clients to better understand needs and provide necessary support;
- Provide sales team support, defining solutions during sales cycles.
- 7+ years of experience in Data Architecture, Data modeling, and Database design;
- 5+ years of full lifecycle data warehousing experience;
- Ability to work with multiple and various business intelligence tools and applications;
- Deep expertise in one or more of the following:
- Data Stage;
- Oracle BI;
- MS SQL Server;
- Other similar products.
- Proven track record of implementing complex data warehousing /data management solutions at large scale – 2 large/complex (multinationals, large volume, large number of consumers) data warehouse projects in past 10 years;
- Practicalexperiencedelivering on a public cloud, doesn’t matter which, as long as one of:
- Experience in validating the overall solution from the perspective of performance, scalability, security and capacity;
- Experience in leading teams (5-10 people) within a complex environment;
- Fluent verbal and written English;
- Possibility to travel up to 30-50%.