Area OF Interest
TravelUp To 75%
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following values: Safety, Fact Based, Accountable, Respectful, Persistence and Ethical. Put Safety first at all times, never compromise on safety for the obtainment of other objectives. Responsible for health and safety of themselves and coworkers.
- Ensuring that safety is first at all times, never compromise on safety for the obtainment of other objectives. Responsible for health and safety of themselves and coworkers.
- Position / incumbent will interact with major customers regularly to demonstrate our differentiation of enterprise excellence. Key communication efforts about our plans and progress to those plans internally as well as externally are included in the responsibilities of this position.
- Adoption and understanding of Shingo philosophy as the base of ASC desired culture is required. Position must inspire and extract behavioral performance in alignment with philosophy. This relates to operational and engineering teams as well all support teams in the ASC business.
- Communicate and educate operations colleagues and all ASC colleagues on the content, definition and continuous evolution of enterprise excellence. Specifically, this can mean creation of a certification program and central team through whom standards, behaviors and consistency is established; a steady round of face to face work with small teams at each site; specific work on processes such as NPI to ensure pull energy from operations is clear and transitions are complete and high quality as an example.
- Support deployment of Lean Manufacturing principles across ASC and implementation of standardized Albany metrics
- Provide leadership and make recommendations to the lead teams on how to improve operations and further integrate lean systems and culture into all aspects of the organization
- Support and develop a world class team of continuous improvement coaches who have infectious passion for people and process improvement
- Teaching Lean Concepts and tools including: 5S, standardized work, problem-solving, Kanban systems, Kaizen activities and Six Sigma related initiatives.
- Evaluation of the locations through current state and the development of action plans.
- Act as a change agent, systematically driving a CI culture in ASC facilities.
- Drive structured problem solving and six sigma process improvement methodologies as the ASC wide "thinking tool."
Supervisory responsibility: No
Supervisors are responsible for overseeing their work group including but not limited to: formal evaluations/performance management as set out by the organization, recruitment and developing
Affirmative Action LocationJob TitleDirector of Business ExcellenceEmployee TypeSalaryLocationASC - Rochester NH-00075Experience/Education/Skills
- Bachelor's degreerequired; MBA Prefered technical engineering discipline preferred
- Formal Lean/CI Black Belt certification
- Six Sigma training preferred
- Minimum of 10 years in Manufacturing with 5 years of hands-on lean Kaizen, including VSM, daily management, standard work, cell design, material flow, TPM, SMED, 3P/layout, 5S and visual management
- Demonstrated experience working as an organizational change agent across multiple sites including international locations.
- Demonstrated track record of CI implementation yielding measurable performance improvement or transformation from traditional batch manufacturing processes
- Experience leading strategy development, goal deployment, Shingo Model understanding with preferredexperience practicing the model
- Operations Management experience highly preferred.
- Be the Ambassador of communication for Enterprise Excellence throughout AEC training and coaching all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, statistical and mathematical abilities and interpersonal skills
- Solid lean tool technical skills, project management experience and decision-making capability
- Working knowledge of multiple business functions, including operations, quality, logistics, finance, sales, customer service, engineering, IT and human resources
- The ability to influence team without direct authority and navigate through difficult or ambiguous situations
- The ability to work with multiple sites in multiple nationalities/cultures.
- The ability to translate strategic vision to tactical elements for the Team
- Travel 75% of the time to the sites to support AIE training, implementation, cross sharing of best practices.
- Requires working and communicating with a range of time zones from West Coast to Europe.
Office environment, duties performed indoors, moderate to quiet noise and comfortable temperatures. Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental condition levels. Ability to work 24/7 schedule and be available as business situations require. Some may be able to do part of their work remotely. Travel may be required
Occasionally positions self to move an office item >10 lbs.
Frequently move about the production floor and office area to attend meetings or trainings
Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
Frequently operates a computer, enters data into systems, verifies information, etc...