Skills and Experience:
Reporting to the President of Blaine, this position includes the development and deployment of a measurable strategy, marketing and sales plan for the East Tennessee regional market focused on selling construction services. This business development position is a component of the overall project procurement team, leveraging corporate resources to progress the overall Blaine Construction Corporation work acquisition efforts.
- Bachelor’s business degree required with marketing or management emphasis desired, or equivalent combination of professional training and experience.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in the construction industry or in planning and implementing business development strategies, proposals and presentations.
- Proven track record of selling construction or a related service.
- Ideal candidate will have some construction field experience or business development experience.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (verbal, written and graphic communication) and the ability to collaborate with marketing in the production of highly professional proposals and presentations.
- Computer skills: demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint with the ability to put together proposals and presentation material without the assistance of others.
- Represent the Company at professional organizations. Be an active member of the community and a member of appropriate community organizations.
- Have a Positive “Can Do” Attitude. Lead internally by example.
- Take pride and ownership in Company projects.
- Contribute to continuous Company improvement. Look for opportunities to improve the business.
- Strong networking, communication and listening skills.
- Ability to mine for information – ask questions and be ready to listen.
- Marketing of Company’s abilities and unique qualities to potential clients.
- Follow-up with potential and past clients to ensure satisfaction.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide strategies, tactics and plans for new business development. Track efforts and return on investment against spend and time spent. Cultivation of new business opportunities within geographic, financial and product type parameters.
- Organize efforts with the CRM. Research and prioritize potential customers and new business opportunities. Present progress to management team. Conduct ongoing market research to determine the health of the market and help dictate the Company’s focus and strategy for business development. This is a comprehensive and vital task.
- Become an active member in select trade associations, industry recruiting organizations and other professional organizations to continue to develop a network of potential clients and leads and promote the brand.
- Create thorough proposals and presentations with the help of an administrative assistant and estimating staff. Work to make more creative and engaging proposals through leveraging lessons learned from the entire business development and marketing process. Supervise the development of proposals and presentations.
- Meet clients’ needs prior to contract execution. Provide advice, liaison, planning, etc. to prospective and current clients. Assist management and estimating with sales process and final close.
- Collaborate with other Business Development personnel throughout the Company to assure that the overall Company message and identity is consistent across the enterprise.
- Stay current on industry standards, contracts, and terms.
- Ability to work closely with team member, management, estimators and staff.
- Corporate Offices
- Large Pre-engineered Metal Buildings