Walsh's Commercial Building Division is currently seeking a Director of Business Development for Detroit, MI.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for research, analysis and presentation of business opportunities for future direction and growth for the Detroit market. The position develops and implements planning and strategy for new business development, leads organic growth for existing customer base and serves as a strategic advisor for senior leadership in the commercial building group.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Ensures that the company is presented with optimum business opportunities to realize profit objective through new business, existing clients or diversification
- Develops annual development plan for the office and market sectors of responsibility to support the overall revenue goal
- Works with area manager to implement marketing plan for specific markets and the annual marketing plan
- Leads sales meetings to communicate status on future sales prospects, sales activity and future analytics
- Coordinates and tracks client and market input into CRM
- Participates in and takes a leadership role with appropriate organizations, meetings and events to expand and build networks and alliances
- Works closely with internal Marketing Team and Group Leaders during preparation of qualifications, proposals and presentations, providing key client insight and strategy and ensuring a high quality, complete product
- Assists in monitoring customer satisfaction with company services and personnel
- 10+ years of business development experience in the Detroit / Michigan region, 15+ years of industry experiencerequired.
- A strong background in the construction industry with emphasis on business development and sales in commercial building specifically private, healthcare, higher education, multifamily residential, hospitality, and other product lines
- Must possess a strong knowledge of the industry and Detroit market; future trends for possible markets; high visibility and credibility in the market place
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability / Veteran