Tenable is looking for a Director of Business Development, Technology Alliances to help develop and expand our Cyber Exposure, partner ecosystem. Reporting to the VP of Technology Alliances, this individual will be responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of partnering efforts from onboarding through execution. This position will primarily focus on “sell with” relationships rather than “sell to” or “sell through” relationships.
- Help execute the business development strategy for technology alliances at Tenable, to build out our Cyber Exposure ecosystem
- Work closely with the Product Management and Sales teams to evaluate product needs and market opportunities, and to identify and engage with possible partners who can meet market and technology requirements.
- Manage the overall business relationships with select technology alliance partners
- Lead discussions, implement the technology alliance program elements, onboard and manage partners ranging from tactical to strategic
- Determine integration requirements, develop enablement processes, and measure ongoing success of partnerships.
- Facilitate and enable selling relationships with our technology partners
- Identify opportunities to improve and strengthen existing partner relationships with key, strategic partners
- Develop yearly business plans with key strategic technology alliance partners, outlining joint product, GTM and business targets and establishing a governance framework to execute
- Interface closely with the Legal, Sales, Marketing, Product teams to ensure successful implementation and long-term success of partnerships
What you'll need:
- 5+ years in a similar role, working with large and small technology partners, preferably in the cybersecurity space
- Track record of building successful technologypartnerships
- Ability to lead development of joint value proposition and GTM plans for technology partners
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Possess a strategic perspective, but be able to roll up your sleeves and get tactical tasks accomplished
- Strong vendor/partner contracting and negotiation skills required.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams both internally and externally to explain, understand, manage, and implement complex partnerships and projects.
- MBA or other advanced degreepreferred