Position Summary and Responsibilities
Director of Business Development will lead the business development activities in support of the Geo-spatial, Mission Systems, Space, Maritime Systems, Energy, and Manufacturing business units in the Washington DC area. This includes seeking out new business opportunities that align with core services and product lines.
The Washington DC Business Development (BD) Director will:
- Develop, coordinate and implement marketing plans intended to increase business and capture new opportunities with the U.S. military, other DoD agencies, government agencies, and commercial product users.
- Be involved in strategic marketing and operations planning.
- Possess full knowledge of the corporate capabilities portfolio and collaborate with those entities to increase customer base and maximize sales potential.
- Have responsibility for contacting potential customers and marketing products.
- Recommend, initiate, and coordinate overall Business Development strategy, planning, communications and execution at the business unit level.
Education and Experience:
BS in business, engineering or related technical discipline plus eighteen years of professional experience in business development / business management, financial/contractual tracking and reporting.
- A strong understanding of the U.S. government acquisition, budgeting, and requirements processes is essential.
- Former acquisition experience is strongly desired. This individual must be sensitive to emerging military/government requirements and be able to formulate a response to those requirements.
- Ability to prepare marketing material and brief information to potential customers. Understanding of U.S. Government and commercial proposal requirements.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Department of Defense to include each military branch, Joint Staff, Combatant Commands, and Component Commands, as well as Governmental organizations such as NASA, Department of Homeland Security, and Congress.
- Fifteen or more years of combined DOD/Government and private sector/industry experiencerequired.
- Demonstrated experience and success in business opportunity identification, qualification and pursuit.
- Must possess the ability to identify, understand and match clients’ needs to company capabilities related to engineering, systems integration, hardware development and manufacturing, test and evaluation and hardware interoperability.
- Candidates shall have U.S. military active duty experience and/or business development experience with a U.S. military contractor.
- Candidates shall have experience developing strategic plans and marketing engineering and manufacturing services and/or military products.
MS or MBA desired, but not required.