The sales representative will have a broad understanding of employee benefits technology and services. This individual will excel at generating leads, building relationships, and closing deals in the strategic employer market space (1,500 -5k). The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with strong negotiating skills, and the ability to showcase our products and services in a compelling way. Often tasked with delivering complex presentations while leading and coordinating sales support teams, it’s essential that our sales rep be organized, personable and professional.
- Accountable for achieving Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) sales goal. Achieves and exceeds ARR goals through sales strategy delivery, sourcing new customers and maintaining and building productive long-term relationships with channel partners.
- Represent our company’s products and services, starting with a deep and comprehensive understanding of those products and services.
- Responsible for engaging channel partners such as brokers, consultants, advisers and carriers to build relationships that lead to qualified leads.
- Responsible for engaging employers directly to build relationships that lead to qualified leads.
- Execute a consultative sales strategy.
- Deliver systems demonstrations.
- Achieve sales goals by assessing prospect needs and following a defined selling process, often utilizing product demos and presentations.
- Effectively partner, develop and own deal strategy with your sales leader, the transition team, and other sales support resources at the appropriate time in the selling process.
- Precise and detailed activity tracking utilizing the company tools and following the company defined process for tracking opportunities and activities. Develop and implement territory action plan through comprehensive data analysis, and adjust sales techniques based on interactions and results in the field.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets that will generate pipeline and qualified leads.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from marketing activity.
- Demonstrate knowledge, delivery skills and techniques for educating influencers and employers of the Empyrean products and service delivery.
- Demonstrates strong sales strategy ability, crafting and presenting client offers and helping the team identify and navigate alternative paths to making the sale.
- Build a valid and qualified pipeline to exceed expectations.
- Develop and foster an environment of teamwork, collaboration and trust with sales support, marketing, product and operations.
- Collaborates with an aligned client (prospect) team to ensure mutual understanding of the opportunity and the ability to deliver on it.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Partner with your sales leader to identify marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events; along with Empyrean supported events that will expand relationships and Empyrean brand in the development and support of you market activities.
- Develop and manage marketing campaigns in partnership with marketing and your sales leader.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3+ years of experience selling technology and services to Strategic Employer (1,500 -5k)
- Proven experience in building and developing client relationships with Brokers, Consultants and Employers
- Proven ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Proven ability to develop and maintain business development territory that includes prospecting
- Proven ability to execute a thorough sales discovery process
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Up to 50% travel
- Relationship building experience necessary
- Channel sales experience preferred
- Experience in selling HCM, payroll, health and welfare benefits or benefits administration Services