Speed Commerce seeks an experienced Director of Business Development to build, lead, and manage the B2B sales and lead generation program across the United States. The services portfolio includes B2B and B2C fulfillment and warehousing, call center/customer care, marketing services, financial solutions (credit card processing, tax, fraud, and more), and technology services including order management, omnichannel, and drop-ship.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with years of experience hiring, developing, and leading sales professionals. They will have enjoyed a vibrant career of building relationships with potential clients, creating custom proposals, and closing deals.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a sales professional who is excited to build a sales organization from the ground up, including creating the sales team and lead generation program, and will leave a lasting legacy with the company.
Are you ready to provide visionary leadership that sets the stage for decades of work to come?
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies
- Building the sales team including interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning/directing work, evaluating performance, disciplinary action and/or addressing complaints and resolving problems to achieve sales targets
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Negotiate and close agreements with large customers
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and suggest improvements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts and set performance goals
- Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
- Monitor competitors' products, including relevant sales and marketing data
- Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with clients’ needs
- Liaise with Marketing Department to ensure brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date with new service offerings and ensure sales team members are on board
- Put sustainable, repeatable processes in place, track and hold the team accountable to following them, and empower your staff to suggest process improvements
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field required, MBA a plus
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role with experience in B2B sales required
- Must be able to work autonomously and anticipate/meet the needs of executive leadership
- Must be able to build and nurture effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to delegate and manage activities in a time-sensitive environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly organized, intelligent, and self-motivated
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required and general fluency with technology especially in CRM software
- Attention to detail necessary
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation a must
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent