As Director of Business Development, you will assume a leadership role in developing and nurturing professional relationships with payers, discharge planners, physicians and other clinicians in acute care hospitals. You will educate team members, referring hospital staff, patients and patient families regarding services provided by Select Specialty Hospital. In addition, you will be providing oversight into the pre-admissions function and developing and mentoring a team of highly motivated clinical liaisons.
Specific responsibilities of the Director of Business Development include:
- Direct and implement census development strategies for assigned hospital(s).
- Establish results-producing relationships with the referral community including physicians, discharge planners and payers.
- Educate team members and referral sources about Select Specialty services as related to industry changes, specific hospital clinical programs and capabilities, clinical outcomes and appropriate patient referrals/admissions.
- Provide oversight to the pre-admission function.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Marketing or a clinical field (Masterspreferred)
- Three to five years progressive experience in healthcare sales and marketing required.
- Knowledge of healthcare reimbursement and regulatory standards
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven success in relationship development and training/mentoring of team members
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of the marketing and nurse liaison teams to establish and achieve referral goals.
- Professional sales skills required.
Our focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your health care needs.
Other full-time benefits of the position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
- Select Medical operates hospitals in multiple states offering attractive growth and relocation opportunities