Location: United States - California - San Diego
Industry: Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Job Category: Sales / Marketing - Strategy / Business Development
Base Salary - $150,000 to $175,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Director
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Doctorate Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Does the candidate have a PhD in biology, immunology, biochemistry or equivalent?
Does the candidate have prior experience with I/O or autoimmune therapeutic areas?
Does the candidate have experience in leading due diligence teams?
- Candidate must have a PhD with strong scientific acumen to work closely with R&D heads.
- Experience with the drug development phase
- Search & Evaluation Business Development
- Needs to be able to do all aspects of BD (indentifying external therapeutic opportunities, leading due diligence teams and negotiating deals.
The Director of Business Development will identify, evaluate and negotiate agreements regarding external therapeutic product and drug discovery platform opportunities to augment Gossamer Bio's internal product pipeline. In addition, this person will work closely with the BD team to position the company's internal pipeline for partnership transactions as the pipeline matures.
- Identify and prioritize external therapeutic and discovery platform opportunities that support Gossamer Bio's R&D strategy and nurture scientific and business relationships.
- Develop and maintain competitive landscape to prioritize actionable BD opportunities through a strong understanding of disease biology, treatment paradigms, and emerging therapies in each of Gossamer Bio's therapeutic areas of focus.
- Triage most compelling opportunities for further internal review based on quality of the science, commercial opportunity and the fit with Gossamer's strategy.
- Lead cross-functional due diligence teams to thoroughly evaluate external therapeutic programs, including the most important opportunities and risks associated with the research, development, manufacturing and commercialization of the product opportunities,
- Working closely with R&D, commercial and finance, draft development plans and build the business case for the BD opportunities.
- Structure and negotiate licensing, collaboration and acquisition agreements, including drafting term sheets and working closely with corporate and IP legal to negotiate definitive contracts.
- Follow up on all partnership activity, including the tracking, documentation and status reporting of all collaborations along the business development pipeline.
- Represent Gossamer Bio at partnering events and conferences to increase awareness of our company and our priorities for partnering activities.
Experience & Education
- Requires a PhD with a minimum of 4 years business development experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company.
- Prior experience in dealing with corporate partners and in negotiating and completing therapeutic licensing and/or acquisition agreements
- A thorough understanding of the process of due diligence and asset valuation combined with a scientific and business acumen.
- Energetic, highly team-oriented, and self-motivated individual with strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of business strategy
- Strong understanding of key functions and their roles throughout stages of product development including Marketing, Medical Affairs, Pre-Clinical/Discovery, Regulatory and Manufacturing (Clinical and Commercial Supply)
- Experience managing external collaborations or relationships
- Proven ability to effectively work with project teams in a matrix environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Highly organized with excellent follow-up abilities and able to manage multiple projects and priorities
WHY WE'RE A GREAT COMPANY
Gossamer Bio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, acquiring, developing and commercializing therapeutics in the disease areas of immunology, inflammation and oncology. Our goal is to create a business that allows value creation and capture at the individual asset level, long-term sustainability, and continuity, while ultimately helping to improve the lives of patients.