The Director of Business Development isresponsiblefor generating sales growth opportunities within the assigned account base, growing influential customer relationships and creating new demand for our suppliers.
The Director of Business Development reports to the General Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Inside Sales team to develop growth strategy and manage account relationships.
- Apply knowledge of aerospace fastener industry to identify and pursue sales opportunities for fastener products in the commercial and military aircraft and airframe markets.
- Call on customers in person 60-70% of the time.
- Develop competitive pricing strategies and long term agreements with key accounts.
- Set goals/objectives by account, conduct quarterly account reviews and measures performance to assigned goals.
- Drive annual sales growth to meet financial and sales targets.
- Develop understanding of customer programs, priorities, and purchase decision making process.
- Create customer profiles for assigned account base (including key players, competitors and market share).
- Communicate changes in the marketplace that impact the company.
- Prepare periodic sales/marketing reports for corporate office.
- Drive delivery, quality and operational objectives.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Process improvements and efficiencies in all levels of the value-chain.
- Knowledge of aerospace fastener hardware.
- Ability to effectively negotiate price, quality, delivery and other terms with customers.
- Experience and knowledge of ERP, MRP systems.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent time management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with export regulations.
Level of Experience & Education:
- 5+ years of Aerospace fastener industry experience
- College degreepreferred
- This is a permanent full time position.
- Position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but may serve as a coach/mentor for other sales positions within the organization.
- Proof of US citizenship, nationality, and/or permanent resident status in order to comply with all applicable export and import laws and regulations.
- AAA Aircraft Supply offers a competitive salary and benefits.