To identify and develop key partnerships with targeted commercial developers, architectural firms and construction management companies (“Strategic Accounts”) in Greater Chicago, The Ohio Valley, and the Mid-West that would benefit from the unique Oldcastle products and services portfolio. Leverage strong relationships within the large commercial development, design, and construction community to proactively find sales opportunities and drive these advantaged leads through the appropriate Oldcastle divisions.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Oldcastle products and services to identify those Strategic Accounts and related projects that have the potential to use our products.
- Develop an expertise of strategic account processes (e.g. business development, project management, economics) and communicate to internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Build an internal network by establishing a trusting relationship with key divisional decision makers and sales professionals within the local Oldcastle business units.
- Develop C-level partnerships with Strategic Accounts and educate that team on the value of early Oldcastle involvement on significant commercial construction projects.
- Take a proactive approach to determine what significant commercial projects are coming down the pipeline that could offer opportunity for the various Oldcastle divisions to offer products and services.
- Offer insight to Strategic Accounts on the ability of Oldcastle to develop distinctive, project/customer specific offerings to further strengthen partnerships.
- Deep understanding, hands-on knowledge and appreciation of developer, design, and contractor economics, processes and needs.
- Ability and experience navigating at the C-level.
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal relationships.
- Ability to independently analyze developer/contractor/design strategies and needs to articulate supplier value proposition.
- Comfort with working across a large range of products and having the poise to know when to call on the internal Oldcastle network for assistance.
- Strong influencing skills; ability to drive results and revenue in a matrix environment as an influencer, not ultimate decision maker on customer transactions.
- Customer Focus – Dedicated to meeting requirements of internal and external customers.
- Problem Solving – Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with collaborative solutions.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
- Business Acumen – Knowledgeable in current and future construction and development practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the industry.
- Builds Effective Teams – Ability to blend people into purposefully organized teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Business, Architecture or related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years working as a leader at a large general contractor, builder, architecture firm or developer.
- 5+ years of experience in Construction Management, Estimating, Bid Development or related field.
- Recent experience as a Project Manager, Business Development Leader or Estimator.
- LEED certification, BIM Project Managementexperience a plus.
- Experience within the commercial real estate development, design, and construction community is a must.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Job ID: 129193