Effective is an experience agency that embraces digital complexity through a measurable, human-centered design approach. We use comprehensive insight to help clients discover unmet opportunities and build transformative customer experiences.
With more than a decade of raising the bar, our purpose- driven, diverse teams share their expertise in design thinking, customer insights, data strategy, and technology to empower clients and achieve long-term success.
The Director of Business Development is the trusted advisor inside and outside of the agency. They are a master of digital transformation and understand the complexity around delivering beautiful, functional enterprise-grade experiences.
The Director of Business Development leads the agency’s efforts to find our clients of tomorrow. And not just any clients, but the ones that are taking risks and creating industry changing experiences.
Internally, the Director of Business Development establishes the business development strategy and guides the business development team which includes experts from our customer insight and strategy, experience design, technology, account and engagement management teams.
In this role, they will drive new business initiatives through both proactive pursuits as well as RFP responses. In both cases, they are the lead for multi-disciplinary teams of experts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with Effective marketing and leadership to identify qualified, compelling organizations and pursuits that align with the agency vision and goals
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to client/prospect executives
- Lead pursuit teams on new big pursuits, large proposals, RFP responses and pitches
- Understand client’s persuasion and learning type
- Represent the agency in one on one correspondence with stakeholders
- Present Effective approach in client pitch/presentation
- Build business cases
- Learn clients’ business (internal & external) including challenges, drivers, external market factors and success criteria
- Know key stakeholders, decision makers, influencers, antagonists, integrators
- Market research, market intelligence
- Draw out explicit needs
- Develop and sell multi-discipline solutions relative to client's business
- Understand and navigate political landscape of large organizations
- Leverage experts within the agency to devise and communicate ideas and solutions
- Conflict management and resolution
- Strong negotiation ability
- Work to overcome barriers and obstacles
- Product ideation
- Speeding up the decision cycle
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 7+ years applicable experience
- Business development experience working in a client service organization (digital agency, customer software development, major design studio or top tier professional services)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of industry standard sales tools, design thinking and solution development methodologies
- Knowledge of business process development and change management
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/multiple deliverables and lead multiple teams
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience influencing executive levels with clients
- Positive impact service orientation
- Aptitude for trouble-shooting and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to exceed revenue targets on a quarterly and/or annual basis
- Strong ability to establish new accounts, open pipeline opportunities, and close business
- Experience working in a experience design/UX/front-end development agency
- Experience and success crafting a compelling and comprehensive client business plan
- Ability to travel up to 40%