Maxar is seeking a Director of Business Development to join our team as a seasoned sales leader to coach and own relationship development and revenue generation in Maxar's most mature and sophisticated customer set. The role requires a team player and peer leader with a focus on increasing awareness and adoption of Maxar’s robust earth observation imagery solutions. Specific emphasis will be on high-value AI/ML offerings assisting our customers to make sense of otherwise unstructured imagery data.
As a Director of Business Development, you will have the exciting opportunity to drive the growth and shape the future of advanced solutions offerings in our most sophisticated and critical market. You will manage the overall strategy and execution of Maxar’s business and technical relationships, launching customer growth at a rapid rate by helping to define, identify, and pursue key Earth Intelligence and AI/ML related opportunities. This responsibility includes determining the most effective go-to-market strategies while collaborating with Maxar’s program delivery, legal, marketing, product, contracts, and executive leadership teams along the way.
You will leverage existing and gained intimate customer relationships to establish meaningful business and technical exchanges through your deep knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with the primary DOD customers and their government end-customers. You will also coordinate and team with on-site Maxar team members who have long-standing existing relationships with these customers. This is a senior direct contributor and matrixed team orchestrator role, with our success depends upon your ability to lead a large matrix of aligned team members, all focused on your customers’ best success. it is considered a crucial leadership role. Candidates will be interviewed with consideration of Maxar’s core Purpose and Values in the forefront.
The ideal candidate will possess a business background enabling them to drive an engagement at an executive level. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Shape and guide customer and Maxar corporate focus to accelerate the adoption of significant existing customer demand for our solutions.
- Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets in line with the Maxar strategic direction. Drive business and technical relationships to increase customer adoption by defining, identifying, prioritizing, and pursuing key opportunities.
- Align with existing Maxar personnel currently servicing this customer to maintain their client success while also achieving new customer value.
- Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their businesses and use cases.
- Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities via Salesforce.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with Maxar’s Contracts and Legal groups.
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team. These periodic reviews of quarterly and yearly execution will be aligned to strategies for expectations around client success and solutions adoption.
- Serve as a key member of the global Maxar Intelligence and Defense teams helping drive adoption of the overall market and technical strategy.
- Understand the technical considerations and certifications specific to the U.S. Department of Defense mission needs and network requirements.
- Understand the functional requirements of your customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Strengthen and progress deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment.
- In the short term, leverage modern internal and external communication tools such as Zoom, Slack, Salesforce, to onboard and achieve your customers’ success from your home office.
- When conditions allow, be able to travel as necessary.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be willing and able to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance.
- A bachelor's degree or four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- 10+ years of sophisticated enterprise product solutions sales experience selling directly to DOD customers.
- 10+ years of matrixed sales experience, interfacing with internal stakeholders in professional services, products, operations.
- 5+ years of experience consistently meeting and exceeding personal sales quota.
- 3+ years of experience with the fundamentals of intelligence analysis.
- 3+ years of experience and relationships teaming with Federal Systems Integrators and Business Partner ecosystem for DOD.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Extensive, intimate, customer network.
- Current/active TS/SCI Clearance
- 3+ years’ experience working within the Earth Imagery, Derivatives, and/or Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning markets highly desired.
- 5+ years’ experience leading/managing an Enterprise sales team.
- An ability to navigate large matrixed corporations with an affinity for the dynamism of a startup.