The Director of Business Development requires familiarity with hospital, physician and payer accountable care systems and the broader healthcare industry. In addition, the Director will represent Lumeris’ services and technology solutions by calling on healthcare providers and payers throughout a defined geographic region. This is a consultative and solution-basedsales approach that requires the Director to develop tailored approaches and complex solutions that can gain buy-in throughout large, heavily-matrixed organizations. This position represents a unique opportunity to change how healthcare is being delivered in the United States.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create market overviews and strategic insights and pitch deck development.
- Be a thought partner with the Market Head and VPs of business development
- Assist in generating ideas to drive business throughout the region
- Work with the marketing team to develop analytical models and insights and assist with marketing and business development functions for the region (e.g., support marketing campaigns for the region)
- Accompany the sales team to select new prospect sales meetings and assist in pitch delivery.
- Help drive internal region strategy sessions.
- Responsible for research, prospecting, planning, and qualifying deals to grow assigned territory.
- Ability to have dialogue with executives to understand business priorities, and in a consultative manner, relate Lumeris solutions to client needs.
- Proactively build your region by building and maintaining relationships with key influencers in the region whether that be consultants, politicians or anyone else that influences the C-Suite of our clients.
- Support the sales of the market through the acquisition of new clients within designated geographic sales territory.
- Proactively execute strategic sales business plan for market that will be used to achieve/exceed sales goal; revise plans and strategies as dictated by market changes, sales results and other factors.
- Sustain a comprehensive understanding of Lumeris solutions, including the process, methodology technology and services we provide and display a deep understanding as to how they impact a payer or provider.
- Participate in relevant industry conferences and associations.
- Execute targeted campaigns around specific functionalities, services, and/or product enhancements.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of healthcare marketplace applicable to Lumeris market.
- Travel to prospects and clients to meet key contacts and present solutions, facilitate meetings to manage and grow the sales pipeline.
Experience, Qualifications and Education
- HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY SALES EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of professional B2B sales experience, (will also consider 5+ years selling consulting and enterprise applications to hospital systems, payers and other entities in the healthcare industry).
- Minimum 5+ years prior experience working with accountable care organizations (ACO’s), hospital systems, payers and other entities in the healthcare industry.
- Strong acumen for understanding healthcare delivery, reimbursement and managed care.
- Must possess strong healthcare system business acumen.
- Excellent understanding of accountable care organizations (ACO’s) required.
- Experience with multi-level and lengthy sales cycles (6-12 months).
- Proven track record in executing sales plans.
- Excellent consultative and solution sales skills.
- Strong understanding of healthcare industry and shared risk agreements.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills required.
- Ethics and experience in a structured/regulated sales organization.
- Candidate must be located near a metropolitan airport in a specific market
- Travel up to 50%.