Seeking a Retail Business Development Manager with strong interpersonal and communication skills, a focus on retail and have exceptional multitasking abilities. A history of sales success as well as a background working withmarketing organizations and providing strategic analysis will be important aspects of this BDM position. Superior negotiation skills and the ability to close deals is a must.
The Retail BDM role requires experience researching retailmarket trends, understanding the impact of e-Commerce. Targeting key system integrators and retail specific relationships as well as using proven sales methodologies to develop a sound Retail business strategy and developing and retaining strategic partners
Identify and grow business relationships with new and existing solution partners that can complement the company's products to create complete customer solutions and drive incremental revenue for the company.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Research potential software, hardware and services partners in the retail vertical market
· Build a structured engagement plan for each identified partner
· Develop full GTM strategy for the Retail vertical including target markets, channel, partners, sub-verticals, etc.
· Research prospective accounts in targeted markets, pursue leads and follow through to a successful agreement when applicable
· Understand the target markets, including retail industry’s key alliance partners
· Collaborate with product development and sales teams to ensure that requirements are met
· Maintain relationships with current partners and clients and identify new prospects within the enterprise mobility space for retail
· Possess a strong understanding of the company's products, our competition in the industry, and positioning
· Possess clear knowledge of workflows and ROI drivers
· Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on corporate competitors
· Attend conferences and appropriate Trade Shows
· May present organization at seminars, trade shows, or user group meetings
· Develop and deliver a business plan by carrying out research, formulating market analysis, and delivering accurate business reports
· Establish and maintain contacts at the appropriate level of decision-making authority within prospective and existing partners. Communicate benefits of partnerships and generate a preference for the company.
· Formalize mutually beneficial ongoing business relationships with partners. Track and communicate progress.
· Provide needed technical assistance for partner integration and testing
· Work closelywithsales teams to help integrate partners into the solution selling process
· Deliver competitive market intelligence to Product Management and Marketing.
· Stay informed regarding industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, and relevant technologies