The Liquidity Services Commercial Self Service Group (CSSG) manages a vibrant self-service online auction marketplace for the sale of surplus and end-of-life equipment and assets owned by private manufacturing and dealer/distribution businesses seeking to quickly and efficiently maximize return for non-performing and end of life assets, as well as inventory and equipment received in trade.
CSSG leverages the remarkable traction of another Liquidity Services division, GovDeals. GovDeals is the leading online auction marketplace for the sale of surplus and confiscated items for local and state government entities including city, county and state agencies as well as school boards and public utilities
CSSG is positioned to immediately provide a proven self-service solution affording unprecedented flexibility to a largely untapped private and commercial marketplace. Positioned under the GovDeals umbrella, both CSSG and GovDeals are owned and operated by Liquidity Services, Inc., a leading online B2B marketplace company.
The Liquidity Services Commercial Self Service Group is seeking a successful market-experienced Director of Business Development. Focusing on sales and client support, this new position will report to the GovDeals/CSSG President and work with senior management to strategically and decisively contribute to the ongoing build out, growth and profitability of this new functional area within Liquidity Services.
The candidate ideally will demonstrate a successful career in both sales and sales management within the auction/reverse supply chain management industry serving large private commercial/industrial and dealer network marketplace verticals such as fleet, heavy construction or agricultural equipment, and utilities. This is a remarkable ground floor opportunity to grow a business by leveraging direct personal experience as well as the experienced teams responsible for bringing GovDeals.com to a dominant position in the state and local government online auction space.
As this will be a ‘player coach’ position, the successful candidate will be directly engaged in the selling process and be positioned for 50% travel. CSSG and GovDeals are headquartered in Montgomery, AL, but the successful candidate may work from home and ideally will live in the Eastern US, although the candidate’s qualifications will be given primary consideration over location. With an immediate hiring goal, this is a remarkable opportunity to join a very engaged and successful team.
• Support the agreed-upon mission ethically, enthusiastically and professionally as a key member of the CSSG team
• Hire, lead and manage a scalable team of sales professionals who will sell a self-service online marketplace to owners of assets who looking to maximize return value in the secondary marketplace
• With the GovDeals/CSSG President, define offers and pricing for the marketplace.
• Develop and manage a robust, metrics-driven sales plan that ensures attainment of corporate goals and key performance indicators; manage the direct sales pipeline
• Be personally engaged in the selling process. This is a “player coach” leadership position.
• Work with the marketing team to develop sales materials to support the sales process.
• Maximize potential recovery for assets through deep understanding of market trends and rates
• Utilize CRM software and other administrative tools to precisely document, track and refine sales efforts to achieve stated buyer development and sales goals
• Continually evaluate and optimize direct sales operating procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity; develop and implement scalable training processes
• Leverage the various support teams, technology, internal database, and CRM though timely and persistent engagement and use
• Use existing knowledge of private-sector vertical markets such as fleet, heavy equipment, agriculture, utilities, manufacturing, and dealer networks to successfully manage and grow the CSSG sales pipeline and client base.
• Work independently to manage and grow CSSG with significant support from the GovDeals/CSSG President, management team and other functional support staff
• Create and make presentations in a variety of settings
• Develop new business through effective sales and sales management techniques and appropriately follow up with all leads
• Manage the complete sales cycle, including the successful close of multiple sales opportunities
• Position CSSG for an initial go-to-market push with an eye for long term success and growth
Key Performance Indicators:
• Gross profit margin and overall contribution margin
• Attainment of forecasted monthly/quarterly/annual sales (GMV) and new client adoption (NCA) goals;
• Buyer concentration/diversity
• Marketplace penetration
• Successful development and implementation of new programs for new or existing buyer accounts
• Minimum 15years experience to include direct outside sales, and sales management of both direct outside and inside sales teams
• Proven experience selling to large private commercial/industrial and dealer network marketplace verticals such as fleet, heavy construction or agricultural equipment, and utilities.
• Strong understanding of supply chain and reverse supply chain management
• Strong understanding of auctions and current auction market trends.
• Knowledge of the competitive landscape in this space.
• Strong interpersonal, consensus building, negotiating and analytical/problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Professional image and conduct, including a clear driving record
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet search skills
• CRM experience and committed usage is essential
• Team player and leader with ability to work in cross-functional team environments and across business units
• Long term desire to play key role with an innovative company reshaping its industry
• Work Conditions/ Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work from home office with extensive automobiletravel.
• 50% travelrequired. This is a home office position with an expectation that the Director will be in the field half the time.