- Responsible for tactical and strategic market planning.
- Conducts marketing research and analysis activities to ensure that the hospital is competitive in the marketplace, on a local, regional, and national basis.
- Manages all daily activities of the Intake Coordinator and Admissions office to ensure proper admission transitions occur.
- Approves or carries out all tours/visits to LifeCare Hospital to increase referral potential.
- Develops and implements a tracking system for recording inquiries, referrals, admissions and outcomes for marketing purposes.
- Encourages positive work attitudes on a departmental and facility level by providing positive reinforcement and opportunities for professional growth.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to perform position requirements are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served, and other special needs of patients and customers, served by the department.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
Supervision: Directs the functions and the staff of the Business Development department.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years in marketing, business related field including two years of management experience is preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or health related field Or combination of an associate’s or other two-yeardegree and meaningful and appropriate experience.
Licensure/Certification: RN or RT license preferred. The Director of Business Development must maintain current licensure, as applicable, while employed with LifeCare Hospitals.