$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
Reporting to the Area Manager, the Director of Business Development (a role in sales) maintains effective business relationships with client management and contributes to the overall success of Global Business Services (GBS) offerings. He works with GBS and Sales & Distribution's account teams to determine customer needs and translate them into opportunities for IBM.
Because IBM offers integrated offerings, it must interface with peers in-house and collaborate with them in many negotiations with the customer. At IBM, he mainly has relationships with the GBS team (sector leader, sector experts, chiefs or consulting group specialists), sales teams (who have overall responsibility for an IBM account) and the Software group.
The incumbent is responsible for identifying opportunities and positioning solutions through effective distribution channels. Within an existing account, he must find business opportunities in new or emerging niches, including those of a complex nature. It uses skills, experience and intellectual capital to define appropriate solutions to identify, evaluate and select the solutions and specialized offerings that best meet the needs of the client.
Tasks of the Business Development Manager:
• Assist the GBS Partner or Associate Business Partner in the development of short- and long-term strategies for the account (s) assigned to him / her.
• Support and manage the execution of the overall strategy for an account or territory and related results by working with GBS associates and associate associates.
• Identify, validate and generate new opportunities for GBS according to the overall strategy for an account or territory.
• Set ambitious targets for annual revenue and contract signing while accurately forecasting revenues and effectively managing exploration activities.
• Do a lot of prospecting with the assigned account (s) or within its territory in accordance with the related overall strategy.
• Work with associates and associate associates to develop service sales solutions or transactions for the client (s).
• Support or stimulate sales of services transactions throughout the sales cycle for certain opportunities.
• Treat in person with clients.
• If applicable, transfer a validated opportunity to the relevant Associate or Associate Associate who will be able to make proposals and implement them.
• Ensuring total customer satisfaction, market share, earnings and revenue earned by the GBS team, and serving as a GBS liaison with key customers.
• Be sure to sell GBS mandates that involve multi-functional teams by leading or collaborating on several opportunities at the same time.
Valid Through: 2019-11-12