Being a part of a collaborative team, working in innovative environments, encouraging exceptional performance, and exploring outside interests and professional development; AEI recognizes our employees are the most valued part of our firm. They are the core of what has made AEI a great firm to work for and why our culture promotes a remarkable work/life balance. AEI offers:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with immediate vesting
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Employee assistance plan
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for membership in professional associations
- Paid time off and holidays
We are seeking a Director of Business Development-Healthcare to join our Madison, WI office. This position exercises independent judgment to create and maintain client relationships that will develop business opportunities consistent with AEI’s strategic initiatives, achieved through collaboration with Principals, Market Leaders and other marketing and business development personnel. Expected outcomes of this position will be to generate and build long term relationships (with clients, builders and architects) and produce qualified project leads. In conjunction with the respective Market Leader, this position will negotiate and develop consultant/teaming strategies and guide the preparation of specific marketing documents and participate in interview preparation, as needed. The Director of Business Development will continually research and update specific market analysis.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, ElectricalEngineering or Architectural Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Five to ten years of professional business development experience in a professional services industry with a focus on healthcare.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to client/prospective client sites and otherlocations (conferences, etc.) where project development opportunities exist (depends on assignment).
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration.
- Proven ability to establish strong, long-term strategic relationships with key clients and partners.
- Excellent perceptual, conceptual and interpretive skills.
- Strong commitment to service excellence.
- Strong collaboration and networking skills. Ability and willingness to develop, share, and follow-up on business opportunities in a team environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.