Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Director of Business Development
As Director of Business Development at frog, you will identify and grow existing and new client relationships across the full range of frog’s services. You will lead and/or facilitate multi-disciplinary frog teams, manage account development efforts, and foster relationships with executive decision makers to achieve account revenue goals. You will be an ambassador to the frog brand.
To accomplish this, you bring a thoughtful and consultative approach to the job every day. To clients you will convey a keen understanding of frog’s complete value across product and service design, strategy, technology. In addition, you will help them navigate the comprehensive challenges involved in innovation within complex global organizations.
With frog teams you must deeply understand the culture, work style, motivations, and business success factors at large. You are expected to drive the creation, proposal, and winning of new programs by matching clients’ needs with frog’s offerings and persuasively presenting the frog solution. While the Director is primarily focused on new program initiation he/she leads the status of ongoing engagements and building of long term relationships with decision makers and influencers is a must.
- You will be on the front lines of building initial and lasting impressions with clients who are interested in building relationships with frog.
- You participate in the creation and execution of account strategy in collaboration with account discipline leads.
- You contribute to account plans and reviews, reporting, project kickoffs, and key project deliverable read-outs.
- You control and communicate the new business funnel, providing accurate and timely reporting of all new project opportunities to the executive team.
- You ensure closure on client commitments to new projects, including decision-maker verbal/e-mail approval and timely signatures on Statements of Work.
- You gain an intimate understanding of your clients’ business strategy, product group/service offerings, organization, processes, and decision-making structures.
- You continue building a world class reputation for frog’s innovation, design and engineering services.
- Achieving annual revenue contribution goals
- Achieving new client acquisition targets
- Demonstrating proactive ability in reaching executive decision makers for the innovation work that frog does
- Working well within the existing matrix organization and receiving high peer evaluations as a team player
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies;
- A strong background in premium consulting sales with a proven track record in leading cross-functional business development processes.
- A solid business acumen, with an MBA preferred.
- A network of colleagues and past clients who respect you immensely.
- An ability to lead the strategy for a new client opportunity and lead the big meeting when it happens.
- A problem solving nature that evidences itself in the ability to put together large complex proposals (not just responding to RFPs)
- A knack for prospering in ambiguous environments, both with customers and internally
- A dedication to excellence, and the ability to become a trusted advisor to frog’s clients