Director of Business Development
at Edgile (View all jobs)
Eastern United States
The Director of Business Development is responsible for building and nurturing relationships to acquire new clients. Edgile focuses on Security and Compliance, working with Fortune 500 and highly regulated enterprises to build and modernize their digital core, readying them to understand and manage risk as they shift to the cloud.
You’ll work closely with Edgile GRC, IAM and Cloud Security experts to create strategies and deliver value-added proposals that address customer needs and reflect the business objectives of the firm. The Business Development role must maintain a high level of business literacy about the company, including strategic plans, culture and competition.
What you’ll do:
- Initiate and develop ongoing relationships with prospective clients and create a pipeline of new accounts in coordination with channel partners.
- Arrange in-person prospect visits within a geographic territory.
- Understand the business and information security environment of client prospects.
- Attend conferences and trade shows.
- Work with our channel partners to build account plans and contact strategies.
- Represent Edgile’s culture and values in all conversations.
- Identify and close consulting services opportunities in the areas of Identity and Access Management, Governance Risk and Compliance (IT Risk), and Cybersecurity.
- Hit and exceed monthly sales and new customer acquisition quotas.
Qualifications, experience, and personal characteristics
- 8+ years of relevant business development and consulting services sales experience.
- Experience selling services.
- Proficiency in Microsoft cloud and security products: Microsoft 365, Azure, Azure Active Directory, Intune, MIM, AIP and more.
- Familiarity with the IT and security industry.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security, IAM, and/or GRC desired.
- Highly motivated self-starter comfortable with a proactive, independent work approach.
- A natural networker who loves to build strong and actionable relationships in a complex environment.
- A confident, enthusiastic and friendly person with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- A refined ability to listen, negotiate, and effectively persuade others.
- At ease in communicating with senior business leaders.
- Flexibility to travel up to 75%.