The individual would work with the high-performance product, process and R&D team and drive innovative solutions that Carpenter offers to the market. The position interacts with the top consumer electronics OEM for smart phones, smart watches, Ear Phones, Electric Vehicles and the future innovative electronics OEMs. If you are creative and energetic individual who wishes to work in high performance team then please reach out to us; experience is a plus but not the necessity. The position involves direct exposure to the top executives for driving company strategy.
He/She will own the performance of business associated with a sub-market. Responsible for ensuring current business, as well as developing strategies for growth across all of Carpenter products applicable to market.
Seeking a highly motivated individual with 10+ Years’ experience in the field of Sales / Marketing and Commercial Operation / Innovation / Strategy.
- Develop deep understanding of market needs and direct overall Carpenter efforts related to sub-market.
- Develop and drive plans to maintain Carpenter's current market share and sources of business
- Develop deep understanding of the market and Carpenter's relative positioning
- Develop, manage and execute market growth strategies and plans
- Understand and capitalize on market & customer trends and business drivers
- Implement segmentation strategies based on needs and behaviors
- Determine requirements to secure growth, develop business cases, and create & execute growth plans
- Manage knowledge associated with market analysis and competitive intelligence collected by outside sales, inside sales, customer service and marketing
- Forecast forward revenue expectations and projected growth
- Make pricing decisions based on value-based pricing and knowledge of competitors and substitutes in market
- Understand common alloys used in sub-market, and advocate for new alloys with relevance in sub-market with new product development
- With Marketing and Sales, generate, compile and disseminate leads to sales force; Manage market lead funnel
- With Marketing, Sales and Customer Service, develop and disseminate training to Sales and CSRs on relative value proposition, product applications, and customer uses
- With Key Account Managers, develops specific account plans
- With Sales, implements growth strategies with go-to-market / channel input
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering/Science. MBA preferred
- 10+ years of marketing / sales experience including at least ten years of supervisory experience or equivalent as determined by department management. Experience in international sales and / or organizational design is preferred.
- Strategically minded, assesses our value proposition application to market
- Engage proactively with customers at senior leadership levels
- Collaborate cross-functionally throughout Carpenter organization as needed
- Aggressive, striving for growth
- Relies on data and analytics to guide business decisions
- Advanced knowledge of sales / marketing principles – especially with a focus on the nuances of direct and distribution sales.
- Advanced knowledge of sales process (how we sell) and forecasting.
- Advanced knowledge of Carpenter’s market segments / industries.
- Demonstrated leadership ability; sets high expectations for performance.
- Direct, candid and mature interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthy and able to influence others.
- Willingness to offer a dissenting opinion before final decisions is reached.
- Innovative problem-solving skills, including motivation to discover "Win-Win" outcomes whenever possible.
- Ability to successfully coordinate internal and external resources.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Good business judgment and decision-making skills.
- Disciplined results orientation.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Strong verbal presentation and business writing skills
- Ability to travel.
Keywords / Phrases: Electromagnetic, Electric Motor Design, Application Engineer, Power Electronics
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.