The Director of Business Development & Client Services is responsible for engaging with clients to ensure their needs are being met and taking any relative feedback to the team to ensure overall customer satisfaction. Additionally the role will include creating, managing and executing the outside sales program for targeted industry sectors in order for the company to realize its quarterly and annual sales revenues. This includes but is not limited to lead development in target markets, review of and participation in trade associations for the target markets, maintenance of the company's contact and lead database. In collaboration with the Marketing Department, development of market specific print and electronic marketing materials, and other resources determined to be effective at driving the sales revenue in the target markets. The Director of Business Development & Client Services works under the immediate supervision of the President.
- In conjunction with Senior Management develop individual sales plan objectives for each member of Senior Management team itemized on a quarterly basis by industry sector.
- Develop target prospect list for each market segment and create opportunities to present company qualifications to targets.
- Track and report to Management the ongoing metrics and progress made against the respective plans.
- Working with the President and CFO, track actual and projected sales against individual sales plan on a quarterly basis, project through end of fiscal year. Identify projected sales by quarter.
- Represent the firm at targeted and general industry events, client meetings and project meetings as required.
- Lead and /or participate as appropriate in on-going client relations and account management in collaboration with senior management and/or project team leadership.
- Keep up with general trends for real estate, design and construction for each targeted market.
- Attend conferences and trade shows associated with target markets as required and approved by senior management.
- Through various means inclusive of networking, mailings, cold calls, initiate meet and greets with potential customers in target markets.
- Identify project opportunities in target markets and manage leads through various means.
- Work with senior management to determine 'go / no-go decisions for specific client and project pursuits.
- Track lead development, prioritize contacts and follow up.
- Use information gathered in the business development process to leverage our appropriate response to RFI, RFQs and RFPs.
- Work closely with the marketing, estimating and operations departments to convert leads to shortlisted opportunities and project wins throughout RFQ, RFP and interview processes whenever possible.
- Debrief lost opportunities with clients in order to learn how we might improve our processes, responses, and bids. Share findings with appropriate departments and senior management.
Collaboration with Marketing Department
- Coordinate with marketing department with the development of print marketing, electronic marketing media, strategy for various social-media platform, company qualification information, project information, direct mailings, email blasts, print advertising and media coverage of company accomplishments related to specific target markets to ensure our marketing materials, website and publications are accurate and current.
- Manage lead and contact database, keeping CRMdatabase current with updated and new lead and contact information. Serve as primary internal owner.
- Utilize tracking and data management features to monitor contacts, leads, activity and follow up.
- Utilize the CRM system to generate Sales reports for each member of the Senior Management team monitoring the progress on a regular basis.
- Identify appropriate trade organizations supporting target market, utilize for networking opportunities, and participation in programs to promote the company.
- Identify appropriate trade publications supporting target market for promotion of company capabilities and accomplishments.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Outlook and CRMexperience, Coessential preferred.
- Strong technical skills to utilize the tools currently available in a mobile world where we work remotely much of the time.
- Targeted A/E/C industry knowledge required.
- Must have the ability to work independently, multi-task well and possess strong leadership qualities.
- Experience processing a high volume of data, contacts, and lead follow up.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in the field or related area of sales and/or Business Development.
- Basic mathematical skills, ability to apply common sense reasoning, good verbal and written communications skills.
- Pleasant demeanor, positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Maintain a positive image of the company with customers, vendors, consultants and other employees.