The Director of Business Development (DBD) is responsible for the implementation, support, analysis, execution and training of the Cornerstone Healthcare group business development initiatives in their assigned market. He/She will provides leadership and support to their hospital enabling the Hospital to meet business objectives, increase market awareness, implement strategies, create sales and marketing plans, build, expand and achieve admissions, census and net revenue goals. Working with the hospital Operations team as a key team member to support and lead the sales and marketing effort that compliment the hospital’s initiatives. He/She will also support Cornerstone Healthcare’s Business Development mission through active participation in the design, modification and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives.
The Director of Business Development (DBD) duties include:
- Promotes and motivates sales/marketing and other key staff in referral and admission development.
- Tracks acute care hospital referrals and trends for growth opportunities.
- Recruits, hires and trains CLs, and admissions staff when needed for open positions.
- Provides guidance, training and support to hospital clinical liaisons and CEO on marketing/business development activities.
- Ensures proper administration of policies and procedures utilized in providing a central intake and admissions process for the hospital.
- Establishes admissions goals for the hospital, monitors on a daily basis, and intervenes when necessary to overcome shortfalls.
- Serves as trouble-shooter for census-challenged hospital and implements strategies for improvement.
- Develops measurable performance standards for hospital business development marketing team.
- Communicates Cornerstone's mission, strategies, values, philosophy, expectations and culture.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Proven success as a sales leader.
- Experience with managing and motivating a sales team.
- Knowledge of operational and financial plans for departmental interpretation and application.
- High level of analytical ability to establish goals and objectives to support success.
- Interpersonal skills to objectively handle conflict management.
- Ability to identify, define and apply metrics for a measurement of success.
- Action oriented individual with ability to: identify opportunity; adapt to change; works independently; and prioritize tasks / responsibilities.
- Possesses a drive and desire to finish regardless of opposition.
- Continuously strives to meet / exceed goals.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills to include the ability to form constructive and effective relationships with clients and customers. Attentive and active listening skills. Effective verbal and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills with ability to adjust accordingly for a variety of audiences.
- Analytical / methodical reasoning ability with the ability to objectively outline both pro’s and con’s of the situation and strategically conclude appropriate course of action.
- Strategic problem solving with ability to adapt to change and / or uncertainty.
- Intellectual ability to handle concepts and complexity comfortably.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards, compliance requirements and hospital policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of technology such as word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
- RN, LVN or RRT.
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing or healthcare field.
- Previous management experience of 3-5 years in a changing environment.
- Three to five (3-5) years of direct sale, marketing or healthcare admissions in a hospital environment preferred.