Brillient is seeking a high energy, innovative, and imaginative Director of Business Development (BD) to join our BD Department in Reston, VA (currently, a remote position). The Director of Business Development will be responsible for identifying and capturing corporate level business opportunities and otherwise supporting the growth of the company, to include supporting proposal activities. The successful candidate will meet the following:
- Experience and expertise performing BD in an information management/information technology/technical professional services firm.
- Possess understanding of the full BD life cycle (e.g., BD, Capture, and Proposal Development) and federal contracting, with particular focus on Civilian agencies, such as US Department of Agriculture (USDA), Small Business Administration (SBA), Department of Commerce (DOC), General Service Administration (GSA), Department of Treasury (Treasury), and other federal civilian agencies.
- Possess experience in and knowledge of information technology; knowledge of digital transformation/IT modernization technology trends, to include artificial intelligence, machine learning, Robotic Process Automation, blockchain, and cloud migration.
- Develop, coordinate, and execute assigned campaign plans that support Brillients corporate strategy and business plan.
- Identify opportunities consistent with the corporate business plan and develop and execute capture strategies for assigned opportunities to secure new and / or re-compete contracts.
- Develop win strategies/themes, technical and management solutions, competitive assessments, teaming strategies, pricing strategy recommendations, communications plans, action plans, and execution plans for the opportunities assigned in collaboration with other members of the BD Team and designated technical experts
- Manage capture pursuits and communicate status to Corporate Leadership.
- Develop and maintain high quality relationships with customers and industry partners, including next generation technology vendors.
- Shape opportunities and company positioning throughout the BD life cycle.
- Formulate and support the communication and implementation of integrated BD capture and proposal strategies that clearly highlight Brillients value propositions and discriminators and provides customers a clear and defensible justification for selecting Brillient.
- Lead and support, as directed, proposal management activities to support RFP, RFQ, Task Order or RFI responses.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- 5 years of hands-on experience in Federal government agency-related account capture and/or proposal management.
- 3 years of experience performing and managing full life cycle BD in an information technology professional services firm(s), with a concentration in civilian government agencies.
- Experience developing proposal solutions, win themes, staffing analysis, and price-to-win (PTW) analyses.
- Experience and effectiveness in planning, capturing, and winning new business opportunities.
- Knowledge of companies supporting Federal agencies and capability to draw on industry contacts to build partnerships in support of business pursuits.
- Demonstrated customer management/relationship building skills.
- Ability to operate in an intense, rapid-pace competitive business environment characterized by the following: respond to continually changing requirements; plan and execute BD tasks rapidly; operate in a collaborative team framework; and rapidly learn and apply new skills and knowledge.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with capture teams including teaming partners and consultants.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project).
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Expertise in writing documents including proposals and delivering presentations in a highly dynamic environment.
- Possess US Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Federal Government security clearance.
- Previous experience performing BD relative to one or more of the following: USDA, SBA, Treasury, IRS, DOC, GSA, DOT, DOJ, and other federal agencies.
- PMP certification.
- Current Secret security clearance or higher clearance.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Work performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and customers.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Manual dexterity for office machine operation; stooping, bending to handle files and supplies, mobility to complete errands or deliveries. Must be able to remain in stationary position for extended periods of time. Stress can be triggered by multiple demands and deadlines.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-994-4232 and press #1 for Human Resources.