Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands.
Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately - and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 40+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific - a combined global work force of more than 1,000 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $850 million.
We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees.
The Director of Business Development for BCD M&E is responsible for developing and implementing an individual sales plan to target qualified prospects and ensure high closure for new Strategic Meetings Management accounts.
This individual will create and pursue new opportunities, generate customer centric solutions and manage executive level interaction to differentiate BCD Meetings & Events in the SMMP space.
This position must sit on the East Coast.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Assess, qualify and prospect new and profitable accounts
- Build and manage a pipeline of qualified sales opportunities based on key targets
- Develop account specific value propositions based on our service offerings and overall operational capabilities which include and is not limited to
- Start-up SMMPs
- Alternative enterprise solutions, including "pay as you go" models
- Global, regional and national SMMPs
- Uncover customer program goals and adapt/create customized solutions
- Lead cross-functional BCDME team which includes leadership, events services, sales support, finance and organizational SMEs to support new sales opportunities
- Consult on pricing to ensure acceptable profit guidelines based on the needs of the client and BCDME service offerings
- Overcome objections by selling value
Strategic Sales Management:
- Account mapping to identify new revenue streams
- Uncover new and potentially non-traditional buyers
- Develop a network of coaches within the account and industry to earn incremental business
- Facilitate executive level business to business interaction to elevate the business relationship
- Proactively engage with new and existing customers to identify new business opportunities and relevant timelines
- Oversee the development of proposals, presentations, contracts and account marketing- collateral
- Finalize pricing and service configuration functions with the appropriate operational Vice President, Financial Analyst and BCD M&E management personnel.
- Lead contract negotiations and renegotiations for new and current clients
- Maintain high closure rates
- Manage sales activity via CRM
- Ensure timely entry of all new prospects & active opportunities into CRM tool to ensure proactive engagement of SME's to support opportunity requirements.
- Additionally, update all wins, lost bid/ no bid opportunities w/ reason coding.
- Facilitate transition of new sales into account management and operations during implementation
- Liaise with account management team to ensure operational excellence
- Participate in appropriate industry events to strategically network and grow pipeline
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlines herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- B.A required
- Five + years proactive sales experience
- Meetings industry sales experiencerequired
- Entrepreneurial spirit and individual thinker while appreciating the value of a team based sales approach
- Strong business acumen
- Calculated risk taker