BCD Sports is an operating unit of BCD M&E and BCD Travel providing sports hospitality and sports travel management to clients on a global, regional and local level.
We managed numerous corporate events related to events such as Super Bowl, Masters, Final Four, Daytona 500, The Players Championship, Rugby World Cup, The Olympics, and more.
We are looking for a dynamic business development Director for sports and academic travel for Universities and Professional teams across the U.S. We have 20 clients in this area today.
We can offer customers the ability to procure sports travel, hospitality and entertainment services from a reputable and transparent global company like ours instead of a series of smaller, less viable companies.
While local competition may be broad, few are the single source solutions clients desire, especially on a regional and global level.
We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately - and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific - a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million.
We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees.
The Director of Business Development BCD Sports is responsible for targeting prospects, creating demand, qualifying opportunities, developing and applying appropriate strategic solutions and using executive relational skills to win sports travel business for BCD Sports.
This position is virtual.
Job Specific Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to articulate BCD Sports service offerings, value proposition and overall operation capabilities
- Ability to assess prospective customer business objectives and opportunities
- Knowledge of University Athletics and Academic Travel or Professional Team Travel
- High level understanding of destinations, hotels and suppliers that can support various customer programs and complexities
- Capability of identifying a variety of complex applications and solutions for customer needs
- Consult on pricing to meet client needs
- Building a pipeline of qualified sports sales opportunities
- Ensure timely entry of all new prospects & active opportunities into CRM tool to ensure proactive engagement of SME's to support opportunity requirements
- Proactively engage with key client targets to ensure dialog and timeline to award is progressing and develop strategies for further relationship building, where appropriate
- Oversee the development of proposals, presentations, customer contracts and any marketing-related collateral materials
- Finalize pricing and service configuration functions with the appropriate management personnel
- Assists in the coordination of contract negotiations and renegotiations for new and current clients
- Maintains a good working relationship with key customer contacts w/ identified touch points, as required
- Identify competitive threats in the marketplace and offer solutions and recommendations
- Provide input on marketing, sales events and promotional activities targeting prospective clients
- Maintain high close and win rates on an annual basis
- Meet individual annual adjusted gross profit (AGP) sales objectives
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlines herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position
- Ability to lead sales process for support resources - setting direction, developing teamwork and collaboration, and achieving results through others
- Competency to manage prospective client relationships-Establishing, developing, and maintaining client trust and loyalty over time and through changes
- B.A. required, business focus preferred entrepreneurial spirit.
- 4-6 years minimum selling Sports Travel management
- Agency sales experience in the Sports Marketing, Sports Travel or Event Sales preferred