Role and Function
Latin America has been identified as a key growth opportunity for the collective divisions of BW Packaging Systems. Toward that end, the position of Director of Business Development, Latin America has been created. The role is designed help BW Packaging Systems and its divisions identify opportunities for growth within different countries, vertical markets and key clients. Responsible for Platform level business development in Latin America through promotion of Barry-Wehmiller brands, divisions and integrated solutions. The candidate will be responsible for increasing sales and margin, identifying target markets and promoting Barry-Wehmiller Packaging Systems [BWPS] solutions in the region.
- Work with Senior Commercial Leadership from each division to understand their current commercial strategies and structures for Latin America.
- Work with Platform and Divisional Marketing teams as well as Key Account Leaders to conduct market research and develop market growth and target account strategies for Latin America.
- Develop best practices for collaboration and coordination among divisions using CRM data to understand current customer relationships, capture and communicate opportunities, monitor the sales funnel and coach and guide the teams to success.
- Develop business strategy for BW Packaging Systems in Latin America, including the development of a strong brand identity and market strategy as well as a support structure for parts, service and upgrades.
- Measure impact and provide updates to platform leadership on major integration projects and key initiatives
- Be aware of acquisition opportunities that will advance our Latin American growth strategy.
- Assess competitive landscape and strategies by market vertical and product line.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and partnerships with other industry suppliers
- Develop connections with companies and talented individuals that may lead to increased sales, to the hiring of talent and to acquisitions.
- Utilize tools such as the S3 document to map target organizations – understanding the strategy and structure of these organizations, before developing and executing a business development strategy
- Work withmarketing team to develop materials which are appropriate to the Latin American market taking into account language, style, culture, etc.
- Align the organization around a clear, compelling vision for Latin America for the future.
- Ensure that globally distributed team members, value streams and sales team members feel connected to the vision for the Latin American market and are working to execute the strategy.
- Where appropriate, develop agent relationships that can function cross-divisionally.
- Must have 10 years commercial experience in the packaging equipment market with in a Sales Leadership, Business Development or Key Account role.
- Fluent Spanish speaker with at least 5years commercial experience in Latin America.
- Exceptional communication skills required. Must have excellent presentation skills in Spanish and be an effective communicator with internal teams
- A proficiency in Portuguese is advantageous, but not a requirement.
- Willingness and ability to lead by influence
- Significant travel to and from Latin America as well as within Latin America.
- Possess existing relationships in Latin America that can be leveraged on behalf of the company