Director of Building / Facility Services
Less than 5 years experience • Patient Care
Requirements and Must Haves:
- 3 years experience Management experience, preferably in a Department of a Healthcare facility
Leadership Standards Needed:
- Accountable for all functions of the department, including, but not limited to, staff, materials, and work product.
- Serves as a role model and is a credible, respected leader.
- Leads, supervises and manages department staff, including hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining and terminating when appropriate. Maintains appropriate documentation and confidentiality for all personnel-related decisions.
- Demonstrates strong motivational skills.
- Accountable for developing both a capital and an operating budget for the department.
- Conducts frequent department meetings and communicates with staff on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and standards (internal and external.)
- Actively pursues continued professional growth.
Department Specific- Job Duties
Responsible for managing assigned operations while staying within budgetary guidelines; plans, organizes and supervised staff assignments, trains, motivates and evaluates employees, reviews progress and directs changes as needed.
- Performs routine inspections of all building areas, including resident rooms /care areas, to assess the overall cleanliness and appearance of an environmental services perspective.
- Assigns and monitors the completion status of the submitted Environmental requests.
- Creates bi-weekly employee work schedule for all job routines, schedules employee PTO time systematically.
- Performs all aspects of employee hiring, training, evaluation, discipline and termination employees on equipment, safety procedures.
- Inspects work of Environmental staff to ensure performance standards are satisfied.
- Resolves staffing challenges.
- Evaluates maintenance staff on a yearly basis, and schedules individual meetings to review annual evaluation.
- Creates schedules and coordinate project work throughout the facility.
- Prepares annual budget. Proposes major purchases for the department for the upcoming year.
- Maintains records on equipment repairs, special projects, along with other applicable documents required by the Department of Health.
- Prioritizes requests by department.
- Maintain and monitor PM / Repair requirements for all equipment in Environmental Services.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance, Safety Program and Incident Review Committees
- Manages applicable inventory levels and purchases supplies as needed.
- Manages contractors and approves work upon completion and authorizes payment.
- Ensures boilers, air conditioners, water towers, and compressors are prepared for seasonal change over.
- Provides updates to the Administrator / VP for the Nursing Facility as deemed necessary.
- Responsible for the operation and repair of various machines and equipment used in the maintenance of the Facility.
- Ensures a comprehensive and effective preventative maintenance program is maintained.
- Operates floor machines, carpet extractor and other equipment associated with Environmental Services.
- Responds to any emergency in the Facility unless alternate arraignments have been made.
- Monitors locking system for buildings.
- Manages all contracts associated with the department.
- Authorizes all payment of applicable supplies and services provided to the operation.
- Manages the department’s payroll.
- Ensures team satisfies organization’s customer service standards
- Oversight of the department’s policies to ensure effectiveness and periodic review.
- Performs quality assurance audits and corresponding reports as applicable.
- Monitors staff productivity to ensure ongoing effectiveness
- Develops and maintains departmental goals
- Develops and maintains the department’s master work plan.
- Implements performance improvement plans as warranted.
- Develops and manages department’s KPI’s on a routine basis.
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to safety and contributes to the organization’s safety culture.
- Monitors customer satisfaction
- Continues to focus on innovation and collaborations to enhance the operations.
- Develops and implements cost containment initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with other facility directors / managers to enhance the operations of the organization.
- Focuses on enhancing the communication with the operation.
- Responsible to prepare staff and physical plant for State Surveys / inspections, State and Local Code Enforcement visits and any otherinspections or surveys.
- Responsible for employee injury prevention, follows safety rules, and addresses safety issues with supervisor.