This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in applicable field required; Master's degree in finance or business preferred. Six (6) years' progressively responsible experience in planning, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis, including four (4) in a supervisory capacity. Work requires exercise of independent judgement and initiative for problem solving and resolution of budgeting issues. Requires advanced computer skills and strong understanding of computer systems.
- Works with leadership to lead the process to create an annual operating budget for all institutional areas of the University for submission to the UT System and UT Board of Regents.
- Participates heavily in the annual initiative to create operating budgets for all University departments.
- Responsible for the preparation of the bi-annual Legislative Appropriations Request.
- Supervises preparation of monthly financial reports, schedules for annual financial reports, and other regular reports to various government agencies, ensuring conformance reports with applicable procedures and regulations of numerous regulatory oversight bodies. These activities include, but are not limited to: Preparation of routine and ad hoc reports for the University, the University of Texas System, and the Board of Regents. Assists with collection of data and preparation of reports for the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, the Legislative Budget Board, the Governor's Office of Budget and Planning, UT Southwestern Academic Affairs Finance, and the UT Southwestern Health System.
- Responsible for the budgetary approval and processing of financial documents in the budget and general ledger systems.
- Works closely with leadership from each functional area of the University to provide critical support for finance and budget-related activities.
- Reviews a variety of complex monthly financial management reports for errors and inconsistencies; analyzes variations in forecasts and actual performance; determines reasons for variance; develops recommendations for improvement; completes written summaries of financial data.
- Formulates procedures and operating policies within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for review, development, recommendation, and implementation of process improvements.
- Responsible for design, execution, and effectiveness of system of internal controls, which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and financial information is reliable.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures. Maintains confidentiality as appropriate.
- Oversees supervisors, managers, and/or assistant directors to include establishing priorities. Determines and establishes work priorities and staffing needs, including staff development and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Number: 1700003R