Director of BT Infrastructure
Millennium Health, based in San Diego, is a leading health solutions company that delivers timely, accurate, clinically actionable information to inform the right treatment decisions for each patient at the right time. The company shares a unified belief that everyone has the right to safe and effective medicine and aims to deliver on that idea by providing clinicians with effective tools and information to reach that goal. Millennium Health offers a comprehensive suite of services, including The RxAnte System, Millennium PGTSM and Millennium UDTSM, that can be applied together to better address the goal of better tailoring patient care.
The Director of BT Infrastructure is responsible for providing technology leadership to the BT organization in the strategy, architecture, design, deployment, management and execution of BT infrastructure services including: network infrastructure, cloud computing, data center operations, telecommunications, vendor management.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Create and execute roadmaps outlining the technologystrategy and the investments in infrastructure to ensure systems are secure, stay consistent with industry best practices and enable the company’s strategic plans across all business areas.
- Establish key performance indicators and service level agreements for continually measuring and improving the performance of BT operations.
- Manage, support, and optimize all information technology infrastructure including but not limited to: network infrastructure including physical and wireless networks, cloud, routers and switches, VLANs, server infrastructure including physical and virtual servers, server rooms, wiring closets, SAN storage, IT security, systems backup and disaster recovery, asset management and voice communications systems.
- Monitor system performance, provide capacity planning, automate processes, perform refreshes/upgrades and provide operational and technical support for each of the infrastructure areas.
- Work closely with security, services and development groups to ensure that infrastructure is provided in a timely manner.
- Oversee release management, change control, incident and problem management for the infrastructure related to the enterprise and business unit data centers.
- Manage BT infrastructure assets including software licenses and hardware, including full lifecycle management.
- Plan and manage the BT infrastructure budget, make recommendations to improve overall cost effectiveness of infrastructure and operations.
- Management and direction of the Information Technology infrastructure team including network\system administrators and the help desk.
- Works with BT leadership to maintain a secure and stable technology environment that maximizes system availability and performance.
- Works with BT leadership to manage infrastructure vendor relationships in a manner that promotes timely implementation in a cost effective manner.
- Ensures that technology-related policies and procedures, including security policies, standards and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Works with BT leadership and project management staff to allocate resources, establish priorities and track progress to ensure the timely and successful completion of assigned projects.
- Ensure that team members have clear goals and direction and develops a culture of service excellence.
- Communicates in a professional, effective and timely manner with staff, management and clients.
- Performs Employees Performance Evaluation
- Regular and reliable attendance
- BSdegree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years managing technology infrastructure teams within the healthcare industry.
- 7+ years of technical and/or analytic experience.
- Strong Management Skills
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Strong experience managing a hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure, telecommunications and Next-Gen firewalls.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and the technical systems required to support it.
- Experience with HIPAA\PCI compliance especially as related to data security.
- Track record of fostering team work and creating a team focused on service excellence.
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects at once, reporting progress and working with cross-functional teams to resolve problems.
- Experience working with customers both internal and external.
- Ability to Learn new technologies with minimal guidance
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and tasking.
- Must be able to work on-site in the San Diego office.
- Laboratory information system experience