Vacasa is the largest vacation rental management firm in the US, and we're bringing our extensive industry expertise and data-driven approach to the specialized market of vacation rental real estate. Our Real Estate Team is growing rapidly and looking for a Director of Brokerage Operations. In this role, you will be responsible for growing Vacas's brokerage footprint and managing the operations. You will target and recruit existing high quality independent and franchise brokerages to Vacasa, and ensure their further growth once they become a part of Vacasa. In addition to recruiting top-producing real estate professionals you will be responsible for brokerage direction and operations.
You will be managed by our Sr. Director of Real Estate who will work with you to advance your career goals in line with the growth of Vacasa. This role can be located in one of our corporate office locations (Boise, Idaho or Portland Oregon), or remote home office. This role will require extensive travel to vacation markets to meet in-person with Real Estate brokers/teams
What You'll Do:
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build, promote, and nurture relationships within the real estate industry, making sound business determinations aligned with business and department goals.
- Manage a national team of real estate brokers
- Utilize proprietary Vacasa data and market/MLS data to identify high potential prospects
- Identify, cultivate, manage, and track new brokerage recruiting opportunities.
- Initial outreach, appointment setting, and holding virtual and in-person meetings with candidate brokerages
- Develop detailed territory/market execution plans aligned with company growth goals encompassing priority markets, key prospects, and recruiting activity to meet individual goals.
- Coordinate in-person interviews/meetings with appropriate Vacasa stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned and skill-sets allow.
- Up to 50% travel to vacation rental markets
The Skills You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent education and experience
- A minimum of 7 years of business development, sales, and real estate operations.
- Must be a licensed real estate broker
- Previous multi-office brokerage management experience.
- Proven track record of interacting with business owners in the Real Estate and/or Property Management industry.
- Extensive knowledge of independent and/or franchise real estate brokerage operations
- Ability to carry prospects through the sales relationship process, from initial outreach to closing the deal.
- Ability to conduct appropriate due diligence and negotiation with the assistance of appropriate departments and leadership team.
- Proficiency in utilizing and leveraging CRM software
- Proficient in Microsoft and/or Google suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Proven ability to work independently and with remote teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience conducting presentations to large groups and hold one-on-one meetings
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and accountability
- Excellent organizational, analytical, relationship building/interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience in property management and/or vacation rentals a plus but not required