What you’ll be doing...
As part of the Brand Development Team (within CMO),the Director of Brand Strategy will be responsible for identifying, developing and designing new consumer propositions that drive value creation for the Verizon brand. This role will leverage data to build insights to direct the trajectory of the brand. This role will work in close partnership across the business – including all of CMO, Consumer and Marketplace Insights (CMI), Corporate Strategy and Business Units. The mission is to develop brand strategies, training and measurement systems that will drive affinity, brand consistency and brand value across the enterprise (these efforts have included Data Privacy and Security, Purpose, etc.)
- Lead all brand strategy initiatives in partnership with the Business Units and CMO teams.
- Own brand equity and opportunity analysis as well as the identification and development of new brand white space strategies
- Integrate customer insights and validation process working within the CMI team
- Manage stakeholder alignment and end-to-end brand priorities
- Identify brand defining innovation programs/products/ideas that live at the intersections of marketing, digital, product, retail and loyalty
- Define the brand narrative for each of the product lines in the Verizon portfolio and simultaneously create 3 year plans for each respective brand
- Build and drive roadmaps to connect Verizon’s brand through all marketing channels that are aligned with the total customer experience
- Develop annual brand go-to-market roadmap, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and provide thought leadership and concise direction to agency teams
- Lead the development of on-going brand training across Verizon and Verizon partners/agencies to ensure brand essence & identity is deeply understood across the enterprise
- Oversee brand governance across the Verizon portfolio; This includes compliance management of all branded executions across internal and agency work
- Responsible for brand training, voice guidelines, and oversight tools to govern implementation of brand intent on anything we do
- Additional responsibilities include working with and managing AOR (Agency of Record) resources and scope, annual communications planning, consumer messaging and success measures, calendar of deliverables, project timing
What we’re looking for...
- 10+ years of experience in complex portfolio management highly desired; knowledge of customer experience
- 10+ years of innovation strategy, concept development, & experience design spanning the industry’s value chain
- 12+ years of experience in Brand Marketing, Brand Strategy, and/or Advertising
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; MBA and/or technical degree highly desired
- Competence and confidence to lead multi-faceted Agency team; Account, Strategic Planning, Production and Creative from strategic planning and creative development to execution of creative campaigns
- A passion for brand building and creating unique consumer connections
- Excellent presentation development and delivery skills
- Exceptional team player/thought leader with credibility and integrity to earn peer, senior management and cross-functional team confidence quickly
- Compelling ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with operational stakeholders and brand partners
- Organized self-starter with proficiency to multi-task and find solutions
- Familiar with customer lifecycle engagement
- Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise, simple to understand ways
- Ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures
- Thought leadership, trends assessment and customer insights
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines with frequent interruptions and redefined priorities
- The qualified candidate will apply a deep understanding of marketplace and consumer insights to achieve long-term vision and success, as well as collaborate with business leads and core/functional teams to build strategic rationale, conceptual ideas and innovative creative platforms
- This role necessitates partner relationship cultivation and management, asset execution and imparting creative consistency amid internal/external stakeholders
- Broad understanding of cross-channel marketing and consumer/business consumption trends/habits; digital/mobile, consumer facing technologies/new media, social media, experiential, consumer relationship marketing are required. Knowledge of Internet of Things and Internet Services is strongly preferred
- This candidate will be required to demonstrate working knowledge of dashboard reporting principles, data and analytics insights and industry measurement tools to focus brand development, evaluate successes and opportunities and guide implementation efforts
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.