We’re looking for someone to lead the brand strategy for WordPress.com. The Brand Strategy Director will ultimately launch bold campaigns that drive awareness at the highest levels. These campaigns will rely on solid research and product positioning work that will come from the quantitative and qualitative work that the Brand Strategy Director will conduct with internal teams and partner agencies. This groundwork will provide clear direction to the rest of the company on what products we are building so that the campaigns are a natural fit between what people want and what we offer.
- Audience Segmentation:
- Work with internal and external teams and data sources to define, prioritize, and activate market segments.
- Uncover and speak to obvious similarities and differences between customers through demographics and psychographics.
- Use these insights to create a custom positioning matrix for our different products and different customers based on the goals each group has for their website.
- Product Positioning:
- Stay on top of market trends to figure out what story we should tell given where the market is going.
- Lead the creation of messaging that resonates with our audience by turning features into benefits that people naturally understand.
- Define and elevate the benefits of using WordPress.com and our whole suite of products.
- Campaign Management
- Use everything above to launch huge brand campaigns that make people say “Wow!” and feel compelled to recommend WordPress.com to their friends.
- Tie brand campaigns and channel marketing together to reach customers in all of the spots where they typically spend their time.
- A data-driven mindset — you know how to segment an audience and put numbers towards squishy campaigns. You love quantifying your work.
- Creative prowess — you don’t blindly follow the numbers. You have years of experience under your belt that allows you to have a professional opinion that makes your campaigns go the extra mile.
- A proactive nature — you lay out a strategy that others are eager to follow.
- A bias toward collaboration — people are lining up to work with you because they know that your leadership will help them reach the company’s goal.
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live. It’s not a requirement that you live in or relocate to the Bay Area to do this job.