The Director of Brand Marketing is responsible for executing strategies and tactics to accomplish specific goals and integrate with all disciplines within the department to ensure a 360-communications strategy. Responsible for project management of campaigns and managing the day-to-day advertising work of a major resort property, ensuring it is produced on time and on budget.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the VP of Marketing with the annual advertising plan including creative strategy, print and broadcast media in alignment with company goals.
- Oversee the company’s advertising campaigns, to promote awareness of property and build traffic.
- Interface with outside advertising agencies, media buyers and vendors to ensure products and materials are submitted on a timely basis and meet quality and graphics standards.
- Develop, execute, and analyze marketing research programs. Adjusts advertising plan accordingly.
- Develop and prepare annual advertising budgets and plans for the resort while integrating key initiatives from the Strategic Plan and overseeing compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Oversee advertising and marketing department, including managing and prioritizing staff workload and schedules; hiring, motivating, and developing team members; and administering disciplinary actions as needed.
- Manage and report the advertising budget on a monthly basis (reporting all accruals, overages) that includes production, traditional and interactive spend.
- Negotiate contracts with outdoor billboard companies. Manage and delegate tasks for the installation and maintenance of outdoor displays.
- Oversee and approve all photo shoots on the property.
- Assess department staffing needs accordingly, in addition to reviewing and revising job descriptions to effectively utilize employee talents and strengths.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Four (4) years of prior experience in operating a creative and process-orientated department.
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.