Directly responsible for the overall management, direction and implementation of brand marketing programs which generate revenue growth through increased traffic and promotion of SMSC Gaming Enterprise's gaming, hotel, food, entertainment, social gaming, brand and other amenities. Oversees the creative strategy, design, implementation and maintenance of all brand standards to ensure optimal message effectiveness and overall brand synergy. Leads the Marketing Operations team to ensure the timely creation of creative as requested by a variety of internal partners. Reviews market research to anticipate competition and market trends and translate consumer attitudes into new branding directions. Presents key results and new branding initiatives to upper management. Provides leadership to the Creative team, building an environment of engagement, trust, inclusion, open communication, creative and diverse thinking, problem solving, and a collaborative team effort.
Responsible for Brand Marketing budgets, including forecasts of operating expenses, labor, and capital expenditures. Responsible for adjustments throughout the year including forecasting and variance reporting. Approves payroll and other financial requisitions, purchase orders, and other capital expenditures.
Monday - Friday
Hiring Rate or Hiring Range
1. Based on Qualifications
- Develop Strategy
- Leads the development and maintenance of strategic creative executions which define, support and consistently represent the Gaming Enterprise brand. Oversees all creative executions to ensure optimal message effectiveness and overall brand synergy.
- Works closely with all levels of cross-functional leadership to support key business priorities and determine creative deliverables to support enterprise vision. Provides thought leadership and best practices for the development of brand strategies.
- Leads the design-thinking process to develop brand standards and campaigns, generating clear ideas and concepts.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive digital and traditional marketing strategy to grow all audiences -- social, online, and traditional - that will reach key demographics, leading to guest acquisition and increased revenue from known guests for both online and land-based operations.
- Set the strategic direction for all brand marketing campaigns and programs across owned and paid marketing channels such as social, web, app, email, PR, digital display, OOH, broadcast, streaming, endorsements, influencers and other emerging channels.
- Establishes KPIs and other success metrics to effectively perform analysis of brand marketing campaigns, modifying strategy as needed.
- Conduct outreach to media contacts with a focus on securing earned media opportunities. Works as a key contributor for all Public Relations efforts for the SMSC Gaming Enterprise, coordinating crisis communications in collaboration with our agency partners.
- Responsible for identifying the brand identity and builds the guest personas to assist in maximizing revenue from each of the key audience segments.
- Develops department budget, forecasts creative costs, annual subscriptions, and equipment. Manages and tracks spending throughout the fiscal year.
- Determines and implements necessary software tools to effectively create and deliver the brand experience for the Gaming Enterprise.
- Determines the best use of creative for the message inclusive of print, broadcast, social or electronic. Review metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising programs.
- Lead the Team
- Participates in a collaborative team of Directors to help shape overall marketing strategies and efforts.
- Responsible for leading the brand teams including creative, media and marketing operations while providing mentorship, guidance and training.
- Interviews, selects, hires and promotes team members. This includes training, development, performance management, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Provides leadership, coaching and growth opportunities for Leaders and Team Members. Continuously builds an environment of engagement, trust, inclusion, open communication, creative and diverse thinking, problem solving, and a collaborative team effort.
- Provide leaderships that is in alignment with SMSC GE purpose, visions, and values. Lead by setting an example where actions and behavior are consistent with value and communication.
- Assure that the team members have the necessary support, information and training to effectively contribute to the team. Focus the team on expectations to support objectives and stakeholders of the SMSC and SMSC GE.
- Partipates in work groups as business needs dictate.
- Communicates with leadership in the company regarding programs, events, and strategies.
- Attends special events/promotions as needed.
Reflects MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION and EXPERIENCE required in order to meet the expectations of this job:
- Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Business, Marketing or related field
- Eight years related work experience, including five years of progressive leadership/management experience.
- Current experience providing marketing leadership in a competitive, fast paced environment.
- Highly skilled at working cross-functionally with team members at all levels, including influencing senior leaders
- Experience with and the ability to prioritize critical assignments and to oversee workflow
- Experience overseeing development of on-strategy creative concepts from inception to completion.
- Knowledge and background in hospitality marketing to include hotel, restaurants/bars and spa
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated effectiveness building strong working relationships.
- Agency and in-house experience preferred
- A proven people leader with success building and leading high performing teams. Act as a leader of change and innovation across the business.
- Skilled in proactively assessing organizational performance and aligning solutions with strategic and cultural initiatives.
- Demonstrated success of strong relationship management and team building skills, with ability to influence leaders and team members at all levels within the greater organization. Experience with change management and rolling out small and large scale initiatives.
- Outstanding written, verbal, interpersonal, coaching and presentation skills with the ability to tailor messaging to the audience
- Strong collaborator who influences effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.