An employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North and South America, and Asia. For 125 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular people to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
The Director of Brand Marketing & Corporate Communication is a high-visibility leadership position that oversees all marketing and communications operations of the The Scoular Company (“Scoular”) and develops Scoular’s marketing strategy and vision, leading the overall management of Scoular’s Brand Marketing and Corporate Communications (“BMCC”) team. Scoular’s BMCC team is responsible for leading all efforts tied to the company’s brand, marketing, and advertising initiatives, as well as development and management of its internal and external communications work, and its public relations initiatives. The BMCC Team supports the work of Scoular’s three operations divisions (North American Grain and Oilseeds, Specialty Food & Feed, and International Products), Scoular’s services leaders (Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Business Development and Information Technology), and the work of Scoular’s philanthropic foundation. The Director of Brand Marketing & Corporate Communication role reports to Scoular’s SVP & General Counsel.
- Lead Scoular’s BMCC team, consisting of a Director of Corporate Communications and other supporting specialist and/or generalist roles.
- Acting as a thought leader for the company in the BMCC team, creating and executing strategies that expand and make more visible the company’s brand, while also driving customer and business growth.
- Collaborates closely with Scoular’s leadership to develop and deploy a sophisticated and impactful brand marketing, advertising, public relations, and communications strategies across operations and services groups.
- Contemporize the company’s brand marketing and corporate communications approach and practices, leveraging understanding of modern practices and new technologies to enhance the company’s brand.
- Develops and manages relationships with company leaders and guides cross-functional teamwork between the BMCC Team and other groups
- Own and manage the brand positioning and brand standards for the company’s three operations divisions, and the overall Scoular brand, ensuring messaging and communication is consistent across the lifecycle and experiences.
- Knowledge and expertise in the unique nuances and marketing channels for business-to-business focused operations.
- Work closely with internal and external partners to explore new technologies, partnerships, and capabilities.
- Proven ability to lead and develop diverse marketing strategies that are deployed utilizing direct mail, digital marketing, email, and website experiences that increase engagement, awareness, and appeal.
- Act as a thought leader and manage analytical efforts to support decision-making that maximizes long-term value to Scoular in relevant spaces.
- Leads the ongoing development of Scoular’s employment brand, as well as supporting the work of its foundation, as part of Scoular’s overall brand management.
- Ensures adherence to Scoular’s brand standards, culture, and strategy with authority over brand applications across Scoular
- Leads management and deployment of significant company events, including Scoular’s annual top leadership meeting.
- Leads the development and creation of processes and procedures for BMCC team work to drive efficiencies and best-in-class workflow.
- Effectively manage budgets and engage in thoughtful forecasting.
- Develop workflow processes for marketing and communications initiatives.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned / needed
- Strong track record of growing and developing a strong brand, preferably in the business-to-business space
- 15 or more years prior experience in the following areas: brand marketing, advertising, corporate communications, and public relations
- Deep experience developing enterprise-wide marketing, advertising, and communications strategies
- Proven ability to engage externally, with the ability to build relationships with strategic vendors, subject matter expert, and thought leaders
- Ability to develop strong relationships with team, leaders, customers, and outside vendors
- Experience managing teams, including creatives and remote team members
- Strong leadership skills and successful developer of teams
- Willingness to be a player-coach as needed
- Ability to manage time-sensitive projects
- Change management and organizational design skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Customer service orientation and skilled collaborator
- Creative problem-solver
- Attention to detail
- Ability to travel as needed
- Agricultural and/or commodities industry experience
- International marketing experience