What’s this job all about? The Grommet is seeking a Director of Brand and Content Strategy to develop compelling, intriguing content in order to grow brand awareness, consumer engagement, conversion rates, and brand loyalty.
The ideal person for this role is equal parts creative and analytical. You have extensive experience leading cross-functional teams of content creators and marketers to tell intriguing stories and build strong, enduring brands. You know how to bring products to life with content (photo, video, and copy) that is both engaging and that delivers immediate product understanding.
A bit about us: While most retailers only want you to buy what they’re selling, The Grommet is focused on helping people discover things worth buying. Through our e-commerce shop and wholesale business, we shine a light on great new products from small businesses and help them compete with the big guys, so that the best ideas win. This position will report to our Chief Marketing Officer.
- Lead the strategic oversight of content initiatives, brand campaigns, and customer research
- Direct a team of content creators to produce engaging, informative content, with a heavy focus on story-telling, video production, and photography to support product understanding
- Oversee creation and publishing of product and Maker content across our websites, blogs, and owned media channels, ensuring strategic/creative alignment throughout the content development process
- Lead social media and influencer strategy, and develop new approaches to increase engagement across social platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to develop branded content utilized across paid channels
- Oversee the development of print and digital catalogs
- Collaborate with SEO lead to develop content to drive qualified organic search traffic
- Collaborate with the acquisition marketing and product teams to develop landing page content
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5years of management experience
- 5-7years of content marketing, video production, editorial, and social mediaexperience
- A strong understanding of analytics, including the ability to identify trends, and how to best develop content in response
- Ability to lead and manage a team, delivering feedback on content and performance in support of personal development, while working well with others in a collaborative, team environment
IT WOULD BE AN EXTRA BONUS IF YOU HAD…
- Experience in e-commerce and/or with a consumer brand
- High-level experience working directly with social media companies
- Experienceworking with communities and influencers
- Experience with project management software such as Jira to track creative projects
- Strong understanding of emerging trends, social tools, and practices
- Experience leading social media for a retail, consumer product, or media company
SOME OF THE GOOD STUFF
Work Environment: We’re a fun, growing e-commerce company. Our office is a beautifully crafted modern-rustic oasis and you dress the way you feel comfortable. Located a five-minute walk from Davis Square. Free coffee and snacks!
Fun and Fast-Paced: You must be comfortable with an energetic, fast-paced environment. (We’re a growing startup.) Our team is full of creative, driven people with unique vision and we like working here.