Ready to help us transform healthcare? Bring your true colors to blue.
The Director of Brand and Content Strategy will oversee the development of the enterprise-wide, integrated communication plan across multiple stakeholders (member, employer, provider and broker); including development of the content strategy aligned to measurable brand and business goals.
The Director will collaborate across all business areas to align communication objectives against an overall messaging strategy /framework. He/she/they will partner with the Director of Integrated Channels to identify the appropriate channels (paid, earned, owned) for the amplification of content to meet measurable business objectives.
He/she/they will be responsible for developing and managing an enterprise-wide, cross-functional communications content committee and governance process to align messaging and drive business rules for effective impact. This new committee will be responsible for developing a unified messaging playbook across all audiences.
As a strategy lead, he/she/they will participate in journey mapping exercises, determining communications opportunities (when/where) and lead strategy development for high visibility communication campaigns.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned leader with a background in building from scratch a new functional area; including the ability to “sell in” the appropriate operating model, assess and attract talent and collaborate/ influence in a highly matrixed organization across multiple stakeholders. Individual must be willing to operate at a strategic level but also “lean in” at a tactical level to drive strategy and execution across functional areas.Key Responsibilities:
- Leads an enterprise-wide cross-functional marketing communications planning process, to build and manage execution of an annual enterprise-wide marketing communications plan.
- Partners closely with CX, Insights, Analytics, Product Marketing and key business leaders to align on key consumer messaging goals, learning agenda, measurement plan, and messaging opportunities.
- Develops detailed Messaging strategies to support the marketing plan across all audiences and channels – both at an integrated campaign level as well as across individual channels when necessary: website, email, SMS, DM, social media, paid advertising.
- Collaborates on development of detailed editorial calendar, scheduling, and governance with integrated channel leaders.
- Partners with CX and Insights team to determine messaging opportunities across the consumer journey – what messages should be developed, what kind of formats should be considered and when they should be deployed.
- Drives asset development including; identifying what types of content should be created, co-created or curated and drives execution with both internal agency and external agency partners, content creators, syndicators and media agencies/publishing companies.
- Manages content development across its full lifecycle including content creation, aggregation and curation, monitoring for customer/prospect reaction, optimization and measurement and learning.
- Develops standard operating model and workflow/procedures for the planning, execution, optimization, distribution, and amplification of the organization’s content.
- Continuously identifies ways to innovate content creation & distribution; including new formats or executions, and emerging market opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience, ideally in either brand planning or content strategy. Healthcare experience is preferred.
- B2B and B2C experience required.
- Exceptional storytelling, editing and writing skills.
- Skilled at developing strategies that deliver content across a broad range of lengths (long-form + short-form) and formats (social media, blogposts, video).
- Strong communicator and strategic thinker with a proven ability to translate complex concepts into easily digestible and compelling content.
- Has sophisticated understanding of contemporary content marketing analytics and experience working with marketing leadership to assess content marketing ROI and optimize programs, accordingly,
- Performance-oriented, and easily able to translate data into meaningful insights and strategies.
- Demonstrates capacity to communicate effectively with senior leadership, colleagues, peers and direct reports.
- Ability to effectively lead and influence in a highly matrixed organization, move quickly, and develop collaborative cross-functional relationships.
- Strong communicator, verbally and written as well as strong presenter.