Currently, Meijer is looking for a Director of Benefits. This roles provides overall leadership and conceptualization of strategies, program development, implementation, communications and administration of all benefits programs for Meijer including Health & Welfare, Retirement and Voluntary Benefits. The Director of Benefits will be an innovative, collaborative leader that will create a philosophy which advances the company's objectives and embraces our employee value proposition.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, design, implement and manage all benefit programs and provide recommendations to senior leadership which support the organization's strategic objectives for the Benefits portion of the Total Rewards program. This includes:
- Health & Welfare (i.e. medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life, STD and LTD) policies and procedures
- Retirement (i.e. Pension, SERPs, 401(k) and Deferred Compensation Plan) policies and procedures
- Wellness and "Be Healthy" programs in coordination with Health & Welfare plans
- Voluntary Benefits
- Serve as subject matter expert regarding all benefits and compliance issues.
- Manage all third party vendors and consultants. Hold them accountable for delivering against their metrics and ensure platforms/systems delivers exceptional service to Meijer team members.
- Develop communication strategy and communication materials that enhance Meijer's employee value proposition.
- Develop and implement tools that allow for easy access and understanding of information for team members related to their benefits and the value of those benefits.
- Ensure compliance of all benefit programs for Meijer and control group companies. Perform annual compliance audit of programs.
- Partnering with Finance, develop/plan annual benefits budget and other forecasting projects related to benefits.
- Provide analytics related to the benefit programs that include participation, engagement, program effectiveness, trends, benchmarks and financial impact.
- Prepare presentations and placemats for executive leadership and Board meetings.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Master's degree preferred with a minimum of Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- 8-10 years of benefits experience including Health & Welfare, Retirement (both DB and DC), Supplemental Executive Retirement Plans (SERP) and Voluntary Benefits Plans
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). Required skills include planning, problem-solving, clear communications, ability to take initiative, strategic-minded and ability to maintain confidential information. Familiarity with benefits regulatory, compliance, legislative and a clear understanding of the impact of changes on current and future programs. Strong analytical skills as well as superior attention to detail and accuracy. CEBS certification preferred.