This candidate will provide leadership, strategic direction and establishes guiding principles in Benefits Strategy and Administration. Responsible for the operations of the Hospital's employee and retiree benefits programs, which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance; retirement plans (Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution), disability administration and tuition assistance. Ensures that plans are administered in compliance with Hospital policies as well as regulatory requirements including COBRA and ERISA. This position will report to the VP, Human Resources and manage a staff of five.
- Administer requests for proposals for an online benefits enrollment/administration system.
- Ensure processes and procedures are in place to administer retirement and health and welfare plans appropriately.
- Plans and directs implementation and administration of employee benefit programs such as health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, retirement, tuition reimbursement and other plans.
- Evaluates competitive trends in employee benefit coverage and recommends improvements.
- Manages benefits enrollment/administration system and other vendors.
- Ensures preparation and submission of government-mandated reports.
- Audits benefit plans for compliance with government regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of and analyzes government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations.
- Maintains benefits experience for cost-control and risk-assessment factors.
- Develops, recommends, and monitors budget allocations for employee benefits.
- Lead, develop, and motivate Benefit team to execute and elevate the Benefit Programs across the organization
- Oversee processing of all documents necessary for implementation of various benefits programs and maintenance of such records as required for compliance with ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA and other applicable regulations;
- Act as a point of contact for escalated employee benefit questions;
The Ideal Candidate - Required
- Bachelors Business Administration. Degree should be in Business, HR or related field. Master's Degree should be in Business, HR or related field preferred. CEBS or SHRM designation highly desirable.
- 7 years' experience in Human Resources and progressive benefit administration experience coupled with minimum of three years supervisory/management exp. Broad-based knowledge in administration of retirement plans.
- Healthcare industry experiencepreferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation. Knowledge of Lawson HRIS and relevant benefit enrollment systems; familiarity with MS-Office and MS-Outlook.