We are looking for Director of Behavioral Health for our client in Jacksonville, FL
Job Title: Director of Behavioral Health
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job Type: Direct Hire
- Shift: Days, No weekends
- Nursing Director of Behavioral Health, responsible for the day to day nursing management of the behavioral health units and nursing functions in the outpatient programs.
- He or she is also responsible for the supervision of assigned personnel.
- The position requires intimate knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of nursing care.
- Interpretive skills, frequent interactive and consultative associations along with management and supervisory skills are inherent in the position.
- The ability to retrieve, communicate or otherwise present information in a written, auditory or visual fashion is essential.
- Written, computer, telephone skills and manual dexterity are required. Specific responsibilities include nursing quality improvement, policies and procedures, productivity, staffing and scheduling, program development and special projects.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating and supervising all phases of nursing care provided on the behavioral health programs.
- Determines staffing requirements and material resources necessary to provide care to the patients on the program.
- Provides and ensures education and supervision, assesses and evaluates the competence and performance of the nursing personnel.
- Participates in recruitment and community education process.
- Demonstrates expertise in the treatment of mental health and the maintenance of high quality, comprehensive patient care.
- Assumes responsibility for the counseling and evaluation of nursing and MHT staff in an objective, consistent and timely manner.
- Anticipates and resolves staff conflict at the program level.
- Provides direct supervision, guidance and support and ongoing training to nursing staff utilizing effective communication skills to address issues and seek feedback from staff.
- Schedules and maintains nursing staff assignments for 24-hour coverage on a regular basis.
- Maintains appropriate staffing patterns with the guidelines for assigned program to ensure optimum patient care and understanding FTE requirements for program and hospital.
- Works effectively with the Program Director and Medical Director to monitor and evaluate program standards and guidelines.
- Functions as liaison between physicians and nursing staff to ensure optimum patient care.
- Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain open working relationships with all hospital employees.
- Assists with referral development and community education activities as requested by the Program Director.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading knowledge in psychiatric nursing by engaging activities that enhances current knowledge.
- Is a positive Role model, demonstrating good communication and promoting high morale within the department.
- Attend required hours of in-services per year.
- Completes all required competencies in a timely manner.
- Master?s Degree in psychiatric or mental health nursing or its equivalent from an accredited school of nursing is strongly preferred.
- Current Florida RN license.
- Current American Heart Association BLS.
- Prefer five years of psychiatric nursing experience as a registered nurse in the specialty area of psychiatry, one of which was in a supervisory capacity.
Special or additional competencies or qualifications:
- Possess a thorough knowledge of current behavioral health concepts, principles and methods of treatment.
- Good communication skills a must for this position.
- Possess ability to supervise other nursing staff in a healthcare setting.