Duties include the development and maintenance of the hotel and Forbes Five Star operating procedures and guest service standards; hiring and training the service and set up teams; and complete organization of the banqueting facility both front and back of house. The Director of Banquets works closely with the Catering/Events and F&B Teams to ensure superior service for all client events. The Director of Banquets will provide leadership, direction , training and support for the Banquet Associates, as well as flawless banquet operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction for the banquet
- Advise Associates of formal policies and procedures
- Responsible for participation in the recruitment and leading the training, and overall management of the teams
- Managing the banquet space, including organizing and storage
- Developing and implementing all Banquet Beverage Controls
- Monitor productivity and payroll on a daily basis and oversee banquet staff gratuity pool
- Manage all client billing
- Primary liaison with key client contact at all banquet functions
- Ensure all operating procedures are followed, identify and correct any organizational problems that impact the effectiveness of the operation
- Conduct pre-sift meetings with associates to ensure events flow smoothly
- Handle all guest concerns in a prompt and courteous manner, informing catering /events manager of issue and resolution
- Work closely with banquet chef to coordinate food presentation and delivery times
- Flexible and energetic personality with the ability to handle multiple events simultaneously
- Conduct banquet and facility tours with Engineering and Housekeeping teams to ensure that the space is maintained to the highest level of cleanliness and any deficiencies are resolved immediately
- Attend all pre-event and post-event meeting with clients, guests, and catering/events team
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Handle all guest and associate interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism
- Perform other duties/tasks and projects as assigned
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, calculating gratuities, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as business demands; ability to work flexible hours as required
- Self-starter, self-motivated, hardworking.
- Ability to effectively perform under pressure, to remain calm and courteous even in difficult situations.
- Ability to motivate associates and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Fluency in English both written and verbal. Proficiency in other languages would be an asset.
- Ability to follow hotel safety policies and procedures
Education & Experience
- Five Star Standards experience
- 2 years minimal experience Director of Banquets position or 4 years minimal Assistant Director of Banquets experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Doc, and Micros point of service